11.01.2008

More Soccer

Last weekend was the Regional Tournament for USU.  They played a total of 4 games and ended in 3rd place.  They lost to Weber, who then went on to the finals and lost to Oregon.  All in all they did pretty well.  The coach was an idiot and didn't use subs the first 2 games on Friday.  I guess I lied I think he put Clark in for about 7 minutes each game, but still that is not fair. Everyone was so tired and 2 guys ended up getting injured and their main keeper was injured from a previous game.  So on Saturday when they played their 3rd and 4th games everyone was so tired and they were down 2 guys. The coach is not fair in who he lets play and it drives me nuts.  He will play some guys the whole game and then some guys 10 minutes.  Well Clark played most of the time on Saturday, which was a nice change.  I struggled getting good pictures... I'm not good at action shots!

Here is the team minus the keeper who was injured and maybe a few others.  They played well this year compared to last year.  Clark's not sure if he will play next year since his coach is unfair in who he lets play.  I guess if you go to all of the practices, get all of the jersey's ordered and printed with numbers, and plan soccer parties at your pool, you can't play!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like the coach could be related to the one at Logan High! It's a good thing soccer is only a game and not the most important thing in life after all is said and done. Good luck on dexciding about next year, Clark - we will sustain you in what ever you decide.

YPR said...

Hey, he'd better play cause I bought a shirt and everything!

But I certainly understand his (and your) frustration.