Day 3 was Sunday so we didn't do any sightseeing, just church and hanging out with Brad, Jill, and the kids. Also it was in the middle of the night on Sunday that I woke up with a really bad ear ache. I went to the doctor on Monday and sure enough I had an outer ear infection in my left ear. Yep I was sick for the WHOLE 9 days with a stuffy nose, ear ache, and a bad cough. Even though I couldn't breath and my ears were plugged so I couldn't hear I still had a great time (except I look sick in all of the pictures, so just pretend I don't look like I'm dying).
Here we are in front of the sign for the base where Brad lives & works (He is an orthodontist for the Air Force). It was our home away from home for 9 days!
On Monday we drove to The Great Buddha Kamakura. It is a giant Buddha around 44 feet tall and was built starting in the year 1252. The buddha used to sit inside a temple but the temple was destroyed by strong winds in 1334 and 1369.
You were supposed to rinse your hands with the water so you were clean, I think some people even drink the water too, but not me!
Clark, Me, and "Boorynry"
Her name is Brynly but the Japanese have a hard time saying her name, so it comes out like Boorynry. Laura was hard too! It those dang L's and R's
We don't know what is written on this stone, but we thought it was pretty cool!
*(I like when you can click on the pictures and they get big so you can actually look at the picture, but I don't know why my pictures do it sometimes and not others)

3 comments:
We are glad you were able to have a good time in spite of the illness and especially that you finally got better. It sounds like a good trip.
Your trip looks like so much fun. I really hope I get over the fear of flying thing one day, so I can go somewhere cool!
Love the trip reports with accompanying commentary. Keep 'em coming.
Post a Comment