10.08.2009

Lately

This post is going to be slightly boring since all I've been doing lately is homework! I did go out to dinner last weekend with my sisters and Mom for Adrienne and Allison's birthday celebration! I took a few pictures, but have yet to get them off of my camera so they will have to wait. I'm going to California to visit this cute baby and my sister! I can't wait, I need a break from school. But on the bright side I'm pretty sure I will be graduating for sure next Fall! I'm going to take my practicum this Summer hopefully so I can graduate in the Fall. I will be almost 25 by then, so it's about time I finish!

logo_bw.jpg

Also this weekend the USU 50th ward that has "adopted" The Child and Family Support Center is having a car wash on Saturday to raise money for us! My dad is the 2nd counselor for this student ward! This is the email from my boss with all the info....
"The USU 50th Ward is hosting a car wash at Jack’s Tire and Oil (28th North and Main Street) this Saturday, October 10th, from 1:00-3:00 p.m. The proceeds they raise will be used for supplies needed for the myriad of projects that are in need of attention at the CFSC! For only $5 you can have your car washed, vacuumed and dried! If you choose to attend, please let them know that you work at the CFSC and are grateful for their energy and efforts! Please pass along the word!"

So if your car looks anything like mine after this rainy weather, come out and get it washed for only $5 and the money goes to a great cause! There I did my job and passed the word along.

And lastly my car is starting to give up. She is going on 16 year old, and she is slowing down! Lately my car will not shift gears so it will just sit and rev the engine and get stuck at 30 mph going up 400 North! I can't accelerate!! I'm hoping it is nothing major, Clark said something about Transmission fluid.... I hope this isn't the end. I can't afford to buy a new car (well I guess we maybe could, but I don't want a car payment!) Also Clark has a stick shift car and I can't drive it for the life of me. I promise you I have tried and I can't get the clutch thing down. I know how to shift, I get the whole "H" thing but the clutch is just too hard! So I'm kinda stuck without a car if mine breaks! I need to go to work, so let's cross our fingers that it will cooperate!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nobody promised you a rose garden but you seem to make the best of what comes along anyway so we will keep our fingers crossed about your car and it problems. Good luck on the trip to California but don't try to pick up Merrick alone - he looks pretty chunky.

A and M said...

so excited for girls' weekend woo hoo!
You'll get used to a manual...just go to a parking lot one day & practice with Clark. Just don't drive up the dug-way though, take the long route to work :)

YPR said...

The 50th ward is ready to wash! We've got some very gung-ho members of the ward who are excited to get involved with the Child and Family Support Center. I think this will be a great way to serve. If your car's dirty, you can help the cause by getting it washed.

As to your car Laura, I'm afraid I have no answers. Try Click and Clack on Car Talk, Saturday mornings on NPR. Good luck.

falslev family said...

I will definitely be there with my car on Saturday. It needs a good wash. That is too bad about your car. I'm impressed she is 16 already. My, she looks young! haha Tylers truck was doing that too, and they had to replace the fuel filters I think?? (not just the filters, but whatever else gives it the "gusto")

Miller Time said...

no worries Lou...I was 26 years-old when i finally graduated from college.