My Grandpa is responsible for so many wonderful things in my family and in the community. My love of skiing definitely came from my Grandpa who took the time to teach all of his children to ski. Some of my best memories with my family are on the ski slopes. He was honored in the Herald Journal this morning. I loved reading about all of the things he did in Logan and Cache Valley. I really think that I got my desire to better my community from my Grandpa. My major is all about children, families, and community. All of those things were important to my Grandpa and they are very important to me as well. So many people loved my Grandpa and my Grandma as well. They were and are amazing people. I hope I can be like them some day.
This is one of my favorite pictures of my Grandpa and Grandma. They are so sweet.
This picture is classic Grandpa and Grandma. They are actually at one of Clark's soccer games up at USU. They would go to everything that their grandchildren were involved with. They supported us in everything we did. One of the last things my Grandpa said to Clark was last Tuesday and Clark was leaving to play soccer. My Grandpa was still able to talk then and he said "Make sure you kick it straight". That was such a classic thing for my Grandpa to say that I didn't think much about it. But later Clark and I were talking and we decided that will be our motto... "kick it straight" because we believe he was also meaning that in life we need to remember to stay on the straight and narrow and always do what is right. We need to always "kick it straight". Thank you Grandpa for your words of wisdom!


5 comments:
My heart is breaking. Even though I never met him, I loved your grandpa because of his blog comments. I'm sorry Lou. The pictures of your grandparents show how happy they are! I hope we look like that! I miss you!
What a great tribute your wonderful Grandpa. He was a great man!
That is so cute, Laura, you made me misty eyed! I love that picture of them in front of the temple!
Well said, Laura.I enjoyed reading your nice tribute to Grampa John. I love the "Kick it straight"! And thanks for including the article from the Herald Journal. Now, I just need to find a way to read the obituary! It will be nice for Norda to have you and Clark there.
Yes, a very thoughtful and touching tribute to John
Post a Comment