8.07.2011

McCall ID or Bust

My sister-in-law Kim turned the big 40 on July 26th so we went up to her home the weekend before and helped her celebrate.  Kim is the ranger of the Payette National Forest and lives in McCall ID.  Clark and I went to visit her last year and I blogged about it here.  We had a lot of fun playing at the lake, hiking, walking around town, riding bikes, playing games and petting a bob cat (yes we got up close and personal with a bob cat).  For Kim's birthday we all pitched in and bought her a beach cruiser bike with a basket so she can ride it around town.  We also bought her husband Jeff one so they can ride together.  We all had fun taking our turns riding the bikes around her neighborhood.  Clark's brother Brad and his wife Jill were in UT with their family so it was fun having them around and hanging out with their cute kids.  
Here are some pictures in no particular order.... 

Birthday Girl!

Hanging out by a river


The girls (minus Brynly I don't know where she was)

Carolyn loved taking pictures so we decided to pick up a big log for the picture.  Jill and I are working hard and Nash is just there to look cute! 

The kids
I love Peyton (far left) she was being a pirate for the picture!  She is the funniest little girl ever

Clark & Brad found some Lichen from the trees (the stuff that looks likes moss but isn't)  Kim is a botanist so she knows all about plants.  So they thought it was funny to make facial hair out of it.  And this entertained them for a long time.....

Uncle Clark "helped" the kids make a house out of pine bows and tree branches in Kim's backyard.  It kept them busy for a long time! 

Shopping around town

Playing games outside.  We had fun with Apples to Apples and Catch Phrase.  Catch Phrase became an "adult only" game because it got a little inappropriate trying to explain and get your team to guess some of the word or phrase.  

Hanging out at Kim's ranger station

The whole group

Clark started the fun game of jumping off the sign and getting pictures. 

New Meadows ID is the place of the 45th parallel.  I didn't realize there was such a place.
Newly Weds Steve & Angie

Brad, Jill & Jayden

Me and Clark

At the lake





And the Bobcat!


Some crazy guy in McCall keeps a bobcat as a pet.  Kim saw him in the newspaper a few times, so we decided to stop by and ask if we could see the bobcat.  The guy was more than happy to show us the bobcat and we got a special show when he fed him a squirrel.  It was a little gross.  But now I can say I've been up close and personal with a bobcat!

1 comment:

jenn + michael said...

It looks very pretty up there! And NOT 115 degrees. My kind of vacation.