The cradle is finished! Baby H has a place to sleep whenever he decides to come. This thing will rock him to sleep all night, it is so smooth. My husband is talented!
The cradle is made of African Mahogany and the two end panels are Ribbon Mahogany (that is why the grain looks striped). This is one sturdy cradle. It will be a family heirloom for sure.
I had to put one of his little outfits in to get the full effect.
Elephant Book Shelf
I love these little guys so much! Clark was able to make 3 out of the wood he bought and I secretly want to keep them all. I can't decide on what color I want, they are all so cute. I saw the original on pinterest and Clark looked at the picture and made his own. He drew the blue print by hand then traced it onto the wood and cut it out with the band saw. I don't think they could have turned out any better. They are bigger than what the original size said. That thing is made of solid wood. It is legit.
Chair Re-do
This is the chair we got at a yard sale in McCall ID.
And this is what we turned it into. It is navy blue with green and navy fabric. I think it turned out so cute. Clark picked out the fabric so I thought a navy chair would look pretty cute. As far as "nursery" colors go I didn't want a super matchy room. I want gray and aqua colored crib bedding, but I didn't want everything to be just those colors. We don't really have space to set up a nursery yet, so I'm not sure how it will all come together. But I figure Henry will be in the cradle in our room for a few months so we have plenty of time to set up the nursery. Clark is working on the crib right now.
I'm officially 37 weeks! This means the baby can come at anytime but I'm really hoping that he waits until April. I just need the last 3 weeks to get everything ready. I can't wait to meet the little dude!





3 comments:
For some reason you keep saying 27 weeks instead of 37...let's hope Henry's not late.
I LOVE the book shelves, I totally think you can at least keep 2, you will need more room for more books.
I love the outfit in the cradle. All too quickly Henry will be too big for both and it will make you sad that your tiny little baby boy is getting so big.
One question; will Clark marry me and make me cool stuff?
Everything looks perfect! The cradle is beautiful (love mahogany!) and the elephant shelves are to die for!
Post a Comment