After Labor Day the falls aren't as majestic I guess you could say. They don't let as much water over the falls during the fall/winter time. Spring is the best time to see them and there is water covering all those rocks you can see. I guess you can feel mist from the falls certain places in town. Sorry Mom, you can come back for Spring Break and see them when they are raging! Can you spot the kayaks? They were climbing up that rock and jumping off. I shouldn't say rock because I bet it was a 50 foot jump.... we will call it a cliff.
Me and my Momma
Little family of 3
Henry and his Nana... I mean Grandma.
so Clark HATES the name Nana instead of Grandma. He won't allow our children to call my mom Nana, even though that is what the other grand kids call her. I'm not sure why he has such a strong dislike to Nana. What happens when Henry says "nana" instead of "banana". I'm not sure if Clark will allow it, ha ha! My husband is funny. So when Clark isn't around I say Nana, when he is around I say Grandma. Poor Henners will be so confused.
Me and my cute baby.
Before the falls we went to brunch at a place called The Depot Grill for some good hometown cookin'. For those from Kaysville, it is similar to Granny Annie's (formally Doug & Emmy's). Clark loves that kind of food, although he said Granny Annie's is still better. After the falls we came home so Henry could eat and sleep. And so my mom could sleep, ha ha! That lady loves an afternoon nap. Maybe it is because she is a school teacher so she is always busy busy. After the naps we took advantage of my mom's Costco card and took a trip to buy some baby wipes, Gatorade, and a new Shark steam mop for me! I love it because it has a setting for wood floors which I need for the house we are renting right now. Then we went out to eat and came back home so Henry could eat again. Clark and I had some errands to run so we left Henry with my mom and went on a "date" to Lowe's and Home Depot! So if you come to Twin Falls we will take you to see a waterfall that doesn't have much water and we will go to Costco. Party! I wanted to go to a little farm called Tubbs Berry Farm, but we ran out of time. In the fall they have some fun activities going on during the weekend. I will need to go before Halloween to get some pumpkins!
Sunday morning we got up and went to Sacrament and then came home because my mom needed to get on the road. Plus Henry needs a nap about 20 minutes into Sacrament meeting and he won't sleep in our arms so going to Sunday School is not an option. That is when we drive around so Henry will fall asleep then we carry him back in hoping he stays asleep and we catch the last part of Sunday School. I'm not sure how that is going to work when I am in Young Women's and Clark gets a calling that keeps him busy too.
We are glad my mom was able to come and visit. Henry loves having visitors! Mostly because then he gets to sleep with Mom & Dad and that means he doesn't have to sleep and we have a slumber party all night long :)



2 comments:
waterfalls plus lowes AND home depot?! I'm there! Actually would love to visit just to see you 3 in your new environs.
Ahhh...Mom and her infamous naps. Well I am definitely coming in the spring, now that I know the waterfalls are at their peak!
Post a Comment