2.04.2009

29 Days and Counting

We are getting so excited for our trip to Tokyo over Spring Break!  I took a picture of Clark's empty suitcases, because I wish they were full of clothes and on there way to Japan.
We are going to try and go skiing while we are out there.  This is the ski resort that we would go to.  It is called Appi Kogen
It looks pretty cool, and it says it is comparable to Aspen.  I'm just excited to say that I've now skied in Austria/Switzerland and soon Japan.  
Shibuya Square
I'm assuming it is similar to Time Square in NY, but with a lot more people.
We are leaving on Thursday March 5th and we will arrive in Tokyo on Friday March 6th.  Brad (Clark's brother) said we will stay in Tokyo that  night instead of driving home to their house which is on Yokota Air Force Base.  I'm not sure how far that is from Japan, 
I think he said about an 1-2 hour drive.  
Thanks to my mom we bought our tickets last weekend at the cheapest price we could find.  I looked the other day and they have all gone up a little in price, so we are so glad we bought them when we did.  My mom put them on her credit card since we don't own a credit card 
and we are paying her back! THANKS MOM!  
I'm not looking forward to the LONG FLIGHT, but I do have a book I have to read for one of my classes so I guess that's what I'll be doing on the 16+ hour flight.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The trip sounds great. If you really do make it to the ski area be sure you take at least one ride for the rest of us who are still state side.

brooke said...

How fun!! I'm so jealous that you get to go to Japan!

adrienne said...

I am so excited that you and clark are going to Japan...sorry about the 16 hour flight though.

Mark and Kandice said...

Laura I am so excited for you two! Japan Wow what an adventure! I am proud of you for skiing the world that is quite the accomplishment!