1.24.2009

CP Designs

So I was thinking the other day that Clark has such a wonderful talent of woodworking. It has been quite awhile since he has used his talent. Since he doesn't have any tools up here in Logan, and has to go to Kaysville to do most things he hasn't been building as much lately. Maybe another reason is our apartment is too small for any more stuff! So I had a bright idea that he needs to start making things to sell to other people so they can enjoy his talent as well :) Plus we can always use some extra income, especially with our upcoming trip to Japan (Yes we are going to Japan for Spring Break, we are so excited!) Anyway I haven't decided how we are going to start our little "woodworking store" but if you 
need anything let me know!

Magnet Board (Can you find your Christmas Card up there)
This is one of my favorites! Clark's mom has one too but it is HUGE and it hangs in her laundry room and takes up one whole wall, I love it! So if you want one, he can make it basically any size or color. Plus he made me the little snowflake magnets too! I'm sure you could request some magnets too.
Shelves
When I worked at Pier 1 there was a shelf I wanted but it was like $50 so Clark made me a replica.  I liked it so much he made me another one! 
They can be any color. Basically it can be any way you want!
Jewelry Box (notice the walnut and maple inlay, so fancy!)
Clark made me this jewelry box out of cherry wood, walnut & maple to match my bedroom set & computer desk! Maybe one day I will post all of our furniture too. My jewelry is usually stuffed in there, I need a bigger one. I tilted it up so you could see it but it just slides open, pretty simple. I think my sister Adrienne talked about Clark making a whole Jewelry Armoire... stay tuned it may happen one day!

Shadow Box
I guess you call this a shadow Box. It isn't really a box, more like a framed leaf! Can you tell I love the colors brown and green? I swear not everything in my house is brown...well maybe it is! You could really put anything in one of these. He did one for my mom with 3 leaves that she brought home from a trip to Germany. Flowers would be cute in one too!


Clark didn't make this (well he cut the blocks)
Of course it was crafty Angie my sister in law. I helped her pick out the material but basically she did the rest, and I love my little snowman! Perfect for a January decoration.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hey!!! Long time no see! I'm glad you found me! Oooh I remember that Econ teacher...that class was awful. I can't believe he is still teaching. I hope you guys are doing well! I'm glad we can be blogging buddies now :)

ps. That is SO cool that he can imitate something you wanted at Pier 1 for 1/2 the price. And it is a briliant idea to let your talents make money for ya!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your new enterprise. Unfortunately for us, we instituted the rule a long time ago that, because our house was full to overflowing, unless something goes out we cannot bring anything new into the house. However, we have ben very impressed with Clark's talent.

Brooke and Jonny said...

Oh yay, I remember Clark being very talented with wood work in high school. I'm glad he kept it up. Lucky you!!!! =)I'm jealous of your shelf very beautiful

adrienne said...

I still really want a jewelry amoire or something that I can hang necklaces, place for rings, earrings, etc. Ummm...I still want shelves in my closet and garage...does Clark want to do that?

Anonymous said...

Add another "e" to convert "ben" to "been" in the last line of the previous posting. Also, Norda needs to talk to Clark some time about some shelves or a cupboard above the washer and dryer. The wall is bare enough that we won't have to take something out this time.

Megan Loves Life said...

Perfect Laura! CP designs... I love it! You should definitely showcase your furniture on here too!