Tuesday we just spent the day hanging out and touring the neighborhood off of base. We picked up Brynly who goes to a Japanese school (she is the only American child and they all speak Japanese. I don't think she even knows the names of the kids in her class!). We went to the outlet stores where they have pretty cheap stuff. It is all stuff you can find at American malls like a Nike store, Roxy, Billabong, Addidas, etc. Then we went to Joyful Honda! I thought it was a car dealership at first but it is actually like a Wal Mart superstore mixed with Home Depot. They had everything there, and it was fun to just walk around and look at stuff. It was not as crowded as a real Wal Mart so that was nice! I still don't understand why it is called Joyful Honda?



Here we are on base, with Mt. Fuji in the background (it is the one covered in snow behind the other mountains). This is there view of Mt. Fuji, however you can only see it on a clear day in the winter. In the summer it gets too humid and smoggy to see it!
(I'm a little embarrassed about the pictures of me on this trip... I was sick and I LOOK SICK in every picture, blah)
We actually didn't see these Buddhas on this particular day but I thought they were cool. And very typical of Japanese scenery! We even found this Baby Buddha, I thought he was cute!

3 comments:
What a cute little buddha! I'm glad you two were able to go to Japan and it sounds like such a fun trip...besides the sickness.
You look Mahvelous, and your smile is much more cute than any of those Buddas. Love the reports - keep 'em coming. And an early Happy Birthday to Clark.
It sounds like a real adventure. We are glad you able to make the trip - it should provide many memories for many years.
Post a Comment