4.02.2009

Japan Day 6

On Wednesday we went skiing to Hakuba Goryu!  It was somewhere near Nagano, but I couldn't tell you for sure where we were!  It was a 4 hour bus ride from the Air Base.  We were so excited to go skiing, even if the snow was a little icy.  It was typical spring skiing with hard icy snow under some fresh snow. I had a rough start after waking up at 3 am to get on the bus at 3:30 and riding 4 hours to the mountain.  Plus I was sick and a little hungry, but once I found a Pepsi (they didn't have Dr. Pepper so I took what I could get) I felt a lot better.

Here we are so EXCITED to be skiing in Japan!
On the chair lift.  Notice our rented skis... we definitely missed our nice skis at home. It was a little hard getting used to different skis, but we made it work.

Clark & Brad on the Goryu Express!

Clark showing off his skills for the Japanese!  Everyone over there snowboards (they haven't quite learned that skiing is way better!).  Clark got a few cheers from a group of people at the bottom of the jump.

In front of a sign telling us where to go... we had no idea what it said!  We eventually found our way to the bottom.  The only bad part about skiing in Japan is they have all of this nice terrain & powder through the trees and all of it is OFF LIMITS!  You can only stay on the groomed runs.  I guess they don't want to have to rescue you when you crash or get lost!

2 comments:

adrienne said...

Nice air clark!

Anonymous said...

We are glad you had an enjoyable time skiing in spit of the adversities. Apparently Beaver has a little more relaxed attitude than they do in Japan.