Okay so maybe I wasn't born to run, but there are a lot of people in my family who were born to run. My dad, mom, sister and many uncles, cousins, sister in laws & brother in laws that run and/or bike for "fun". They have all inspired me to get active. It is sad that I cannot walk up Old Main Hill without getting winded and feeling like I might pass out or throw up, whichever comes first! It is quite depressing. So with all of you as my witness, I'm determined to run a half marathon! I'm not saying when but within the year I want to run a half marathon. My sisters and I have considered the Top of Utah half marathon. That is in September so I have all summer to train. I better get out and get my run on!
Here is my awesome dad running the Top of Utah 2008. This is where he qualified for the Boston Marathon that he ran this April. He also just did the Ogden marathon on Saturday. I'm so proud!
Okay he isn't running in this picture, but I thought it was cute! Skiing is his first love and he is passing on the love to his grandson Max.

My wonderful sister in laws Kim, Angie & Natalie! I love them!
Here they are after they did a triathlon up in Bear Lake last year. Natalie and her husband Shad do triathlons all of the time, they are awesome. Kim does them a lot too and all three of them just did the Ogden half marathon. I've got to get my butt in gear!
*I couldn't mention everyone by name but you know who you are if you have ever participated in any sort of race you are inspiring me, so THANKS! If anyone else out there is interested in 5K's, triathlon relays, or half marathons let me know I may want to participate :) We will see how my "training" goes.

5 comments:
More power to you but is is OK if we just watch? running for fun wasn't invented until after our time.
Now Loo - You WERE born to run. You are tall and thin and will run like the wind if you just get practicing. I have done triathlons, they are way fun. And I have just learned to enjoy running recently. Just do it girl! I will run a race with you anytime :)
Hey, anyone who can run for an Icon photo shoot can run a half-marathon.
I'm thinking of running a half-marathon in Santa Barbara the first part of Nov. You are more than welcome to fly out!
"But you are tall & fast like a Gazelle" - nacho
Yes Laura, I have a relay for you! Does Clark like to run? Kim and I want to put together a husband/wife team for the RedRockRelay in September... you can look at their website. Good for you! I'm not a good runner, but I think it's fun!! Kim and I got into the St. George marathon... I'm not sure if I knew what I was signing up for! You will be a great runner because you're so slender, I agree with Melissa, like a gazelle... And I will run any race with you any time!
Post a Comment