Sunday morning we were awakened at 8am with the sounds of someone knocking on our front door. We assume it is one of our "summer citizens" and ignore it. Since our church doesn't start until 1 we have no reason to wake up before 9am. Well then we here the phone ring... 3 times in a row. I'm thinking it might be an emergency, but with the "summer citizens" you never know. There definition of an "emergency" is very different from mine. We eventually got up and checked the maintenance log outside of our door, but nothing was written on it so we assumed everything was fine, and we go about our Sunday. Then on Monday this particular tenant who had been calling and knocking proceeds to tell Clark that he had stopped by and called and no one answered (he sounded a little upset) so Clark asks what the problem was and this is what the man said...... get ready it is quite the "emergency..... "We had ants outside our front door!" THAT WAS WORTH CALLING 3 TIMES AND KNOCKING ON OUR DOOR AT 8 IN THE MORNING ON A SUNDAY! Oh no the dreaded ants are outside of our house... then go buy some ant spray and kill them. What happens in Arizona if you have ants, do they call 911? I mean obviously they take care of themselves 9 months out of the year. But the 3 months they are here they turn into children!
We need a vacation!
*Oh and I decided I would call them summer citizens because I don't want to offend other senior citizens or "old people" as I used to call them. Not all senior citizens act like some of the ones we have here.
5 comments:
Hopefully, this too shall pass. In the meantime, just do the best you can and that will be more than the ungrateful tenants deserve.
HAHAHA that is too funny!
Your stories are hilarious with the "summer citizens". I think you need to write them all down so you never forget these stories & experiences!
Loved the story about Dan!
Oops, I mean Don! But not Don the fruitcake!
Ants huh? Were these killer ants?
Post a Comment