One of my really good friends from Junior High/High School got married on Thursday May 21st in the Salt Lake Temple! Clark was helping his dad up at the cabin fixing stuff and doing yard work so my friend Jennifer and I attended their sealing together. Jennifer's husband is in Arizona so we were both husband-less for the day. I'm so glad I was able to be at their sealing, it was awesome! I'm so happy for them. Then my friend Janna met us outside the temple and we went to the luncheon and then to the reception together! It was so fun to spend the day with my wonderful friends, I love them!
Sharli & Dan
The happy couple dancing at their reception
Best Friends since 8th Grade!
(Janna, Me, Jennifer)

I stole this picture off of facebook (Thanks Julie!)
My friend Julianne went on a mission two summers ago, right before I got married and I haven't seen her since she has been home. She was at the reception and it was so fun to see her and reminisce (When I moved to Kaysville, Julie lived in my neighborhood and was in my ward. We became instant friends the first time we met!)
It was so fun to spend time with all of my wonderful friends. Even though we don't get to see each other that often we will always be best friends.
Memorial Day (sorry no pictures)
On Saturday I went to see the movie 17 again with my sisters Adrienne & Katie, and my cousins Sam & McKinley. It was actually a really cute show, and I enjoyed it. Even though I'm not a big fan of Zac Effron I thought he did a good job in the movie. Although a few of the basketball scenes brought back memories of good old High School Musical! It was fun to hang out with my sisters and cousins, we always have a good time.
On Sunday we went to the Brigham Cemetery where my Grandma's family is buried to put flowers on the grave's. My great-great grandma Agnes Caldwell was 9 years old when she crossed the plains. Her mom and another girl who was a little older pushed the handcart the whole way! They were amazing women and I'm so proud of my pioneer heritage. It is always nice to visit their graves each year and remember all they did for their families.
Then on Monday we went to the Logan Cemetery to put flowers on my Grandpa's relatives graves. I can't remember the last time I went to the Logan cemetery with my Grandparents and I'm really glad I was able to go this year! My grandpa has relatives who have served in the armed forces and I'm always grateful for those who serve our country, especially family members!
After the cemetery it was back to Grandpa & Grandma Emmett's for some beef curry! It may sound weird, but our family loves it (well most do, some aren't so sure yet. I like it!). It is a recipe from my Grandpa's family and we probably have it at least 2 or 3 times a year at different family gatherings. Then we just spent the day hanging out with family. That evening a few of us girl cousins decided we wanted to go see a movie at the "dollar" theatre so we went to Hannah Montana. I do not like Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana that much but the movie was actually pretty cute. A lot less annoying then her show on Disney! Still it was fun to hang out with my family. And Clark was glad he didn't have to go to the movie with us!

6 comments:
HI Lul, thx for catching me up on your memorial day weekend. Sharly looked beautiful, and I'm so glad to see Julianne! I'm so proud that you're my daughter--how do you like that? Love, MOM
You forgot about our good friend, Don. Can't leave him out for hell's sake!
You weren't the only one who enjoyed the get togethers tied in with the Memorial Day weekend. We were sorry Clark couldn't make it but "let his suffer" seems to apply.
cute pictures! i'm so mad, i got sick and couldn't make it to sharli's reception :( sounds like it was a fun day!
I agree with Paige...how could you have forgotten about our good friend Don?! It was a fun weekend though even though I had to sit through the Hannah Montana movie.
Who's Don? I secretly want to watch the Zac Efron movie...don't care too much for Miley
Post a Comment