Clark has had his precious iphone for about two years and I used to make fun of him because he would use his phone for everything! We would be hanging out with friends or family and a question would come up like "I wonder how deep Bear Lake is" or "I wonder who sings this song" and without fail Clark would bust out the iphone and find the answer in a matter of minutes. Well my phone had a little accident about 2 months ago and was never the same again. I would randomly have no service and was unable to send or receive calls and text messages. So when the new iphone 3G came out we decided that I would take Clark's "old phone" and he would get the new one. I was fine with having his hand me down phone since I didn't need all the features of the new phone like being super fast and having more memory and the GPS telling you exactly where you are if you are lost.... Okay maybe I do need that one since I get turned around in the Logan mall! I have a horrible sense of direction, but that is besides the point. Another bonus was his original phone actually broke about 6 months ago because he dropped it a billion times so Apple replaced it with a brand new one! So technically my "old phone" is only about 6 months old. Well I am enjoying my iphone and I feel cool with my new phone! It really can do everything. I was laughing because the commercials say "there's an app for that" and it really is true, there is an app for everything! Yesterday Clark & I were driving home from Kaysville and I got a message from my sister about Father's Day and I panicked thinking it was this Sunday. So Clark says in all seriousness "Check and see if your phone has an app for that" I said, do you really think there is an app that tells you when Father's Day is, that would be pointless I can just look at a calendar. He actually meant one that just tells you when ALL holidays are, not just Father's Day! What would we do without our iphone... I guess look at a Calendar! Well I figured out when it was, and I didn't need my iphone I just needed to call my sister Adrienne back and she told tell me!
Oh and another cool app Clark has on his phone are the scriptures. He has all the scriptures, manuals for every class, the hymn's, children song book, plus the conference talks. It is way awesome. He says he has it so he can pretend like he has his scriptures out, but really he is playing a soccer game! How horrible is that, he admits he is playing games in church. My husband has a hard time listening in Sacrament meeting! Maybe they should make scripture games so he can play and learn at the same time.
Okay so last funny story about apps. Clark's brother Brad lives in Japan and he likes Apple stuff just as much as Clark. Well he has the ipod touch and one day the little neighbor boy saw Brad and said "Yo Brad what Apps you got" He is this little black boy and when we were over visiting them I remember seeing him around. He even played some basketball with us! When I heard the story I just started laughing. So now Clark and I are always saying "what apps you got!"
*For those who don't know what an app is click here

4 comments:
That phone sounds way too complicated to us.
Jimmy Fallon will make fun of all the apps...there is one that makes a farting sound!
FYI: record his show on Mon. & watch him spoof The Hills, he calls it 7th Floor West (hilarious)
So there's an app for apps! Cool!
I am feeling a little behind the times with my phone now. Although a few months ago I did figure out that I had a tip calculator. Neat huh?!
Post a Comment