Waiting for the concert to start laughing at the crazy people!
I stole these two pictures from my Dad!
Everyone that came L to R
Lorin, Paige, Tyler, Clark, Me, Allison, Dad, Lorie, JD, Mindy
and Katie and McKinley up front! Oh and Mindy's brother came with a date and he kindly took this embarrassing picture for us! You can tell we are all laughing because we turned to take the picture with the stage in the background, so we had half of the hill staring right back at us. It was pretty funny, especially when Brad had to move back a few times to fit all of us in the pic.
The next item of business to blog about is my new job! We are still managing the apartments but I got a part time job working at the Child and Family Support Center. This place is such a great resource to families in need. They offer parenting classes, counseling, step-family classes, nursery etc. Most things are free or a fee is paid of about $20. I'm really excited because this is basically what I am going to school for. To help kids and families! I will be working in the crisis nursery and I just hang out with little kids all day. The nursery is a place where parents can bring their kids if they are going through a crisis and feel like they need a break for a few hours no questions asked. We also get kids who have been abused and they can actually sleep at the center. I start on Tuesday so we will see how it goes.
And finally our boating trip to Newton Dam home to the finest green water in Cache Valley! The water looked pretty nasty but once you were in there, you didn't even notice. We were just excited to be boating! My cousin Paige and her husband Lorin invited us to go boating. Clark has been wanting to go all summer, and luckily Lorin's dad has a nice boat and he asked us to come along! We had so much fun. Seriously Clark can't stop talking about how much fun he had wake surfing! So thank you Paige and Lorin we really appreciated the invite :) The boating trip consisted of Lorin, Paige, their daughter Polly, Molly, Erin (my cousins, Paige's sisters), Lorin's Mom, Dad, and his brother Ross. It was a blast!

Here I am catching some "air". Ha ha it was my first time actually getting off of the water. The wake was pretty big so I didn't have to try hard, it just kind of popped me in the air. Clark took a video but I'm too embarrassed to put it on the blog. I think I look like a goof in it.

Clark wake surfing. This was his second time surfing and he did a really good job. The first time he went the wake wasn't big enough, so this time it was a lot easier.

This picture looks cool, like he is actually surfing in the ocean or something!
I didn't go boating at all last year, and I think only once the year before so it was so nice to be on a boat! I love boating so if any of you with a boat out there want to invite us we would love to go!!

6 comments:
Congrats on your new job! Wake surfing is so fun. It is my new water obsession!
I love summer stories! That's happy that you got such a great job! I'm sure you are going to have a lot of stories that would break my heart and a lot of great ones too. You'll be perfect for making kids days brighter!
What a great job! How did this fall into your lap? I'm excited to hear all about it.
You & Clark need to come visit so he can surf in the ocean! I think Adam would actually like to try wake surfing...I guess we need to visit UT more in the summer months instead of winter.
That is a lot of catching up :) You were about as far behind as I am...and I have to do Bruce's birthday too I guess :) Thanks for oming boating, it was lots of fun -what a long day! :) Maybe someday I will be able to get up on a wakeboard - your pictures from the iphone are pretty good, I'm glad you got some that you like!
It sound life life is busy but good - keep it up. If you said how often you work I didn't reasd your entry close enough but it sounds like you will be getting some good, practical experience. And thanks for the pictures.
Congratulations on the new job! I'm excited to hear how the first day went. And love the boating pictures...especially the one where you are catching some air!
Post a Comment