Picture time outside on Kim's deck
We drove up Friday after class and got there that evening. We decided to go get some dinner in town and then we just hung out. The next morning we got up and walked around the town, visited the Sun Valley Lodge, saw a vintage car auction (Clark wanted a few of the cars), ate some lunch, and window shopped (since we are poor). Then we packed up our things and went camping! We drove about an hour outside of Sun Valley up to Stanley ID. We camped near Red Fish Lake. It is so pretty up there with the lake and the Sawtooth Mountains (which by the way Kim is head botanist over and is currently the acting Ranger up in Ketchum until November!)
Picture time at our campsite. Thank goodness for cameras with timers or we would never get pictures together!
Pretty sunset with the Sawtooth Mountains in the background
Picture time in our tent. This is the first time we have used it outside! We set it up in our living room once but that doesn't count. It held up nicely in the real outdoors!
Sunday we woke up and went for a grueling 8 mile hike! I thought 8 miles round trip wouldn't be so bad, but man did my legs hurt by the end. We started the hike at Red Fish Lake and hiked up into the mountains until we came to the Bench Lakes. It was a really pretty hike, even though it was tiring I'm glad we did it.
We FINALLY made it to the lake!
Just stretching my tired legs before we headed back down!
This was at the top of the mountain and that teeny tiny lake off in the distance is where we parked our car! See how far we hiked!
It was a really fun weekend away from work and school! I wish we didn't have to come home, I loved it up there. If it wasn't so darn expensive I could live in Sun Valley! I hope everyone had an enjoyable Labor Day that was free from Labor.

4 comments:
Looks like a great time!
Looks like A LOT of fun...I wish I would have remembered my camera to document our trip out to the ranch to shoot guns!
Now it's back to the grind! We hope the hike was good for your back rather than an uncomfortable aggrevation.
You two are seeing a lot of cool places! (A little jealous) I love that you set your tent up in your living room! That's my kind of camping! haha! Good luck heading back to the labor.
Post a Comment