12.29.2009

Christmas 2009

On the 23rd we headed down to Kaysville to start our Christmas celebration. Clark and I met up with his sister Angie and his mom down at Gateway to have lunch and do a little last minute shopping. We did it last year too, so it will probably become a tradition. Then on Christmas Eve we went to the Layton mall for some more really last minute shopping and then out to lunch at Roosters. We thought Angie had to work, but luckily they called her and told her not to come in! So we rented some movies and decided to have a nice relaxing evening. We woke up Christmas Morning and opened presents. I felt like a little kid, I woke up around 7 and couldn't fall back asleep! We had to get back up to Logan and Angie had to work at 10 so we started opening our gifts around 7:45. I got a new camera, some beautiful frames made by my talented husband that are framing a painting of the Bountiful temple and our Marriage certificate! I LOVE them. He also framed a sketch of my Grandpa and Grandma Emmett's house that we were given a couple years ago for Christmas! I was so happy to see them it made me cry! He gave me other stuff, but I won't bore you with all the details.
Here we are on Christmas morning trying out my new camera!
We drove up to Logan after presents and made it to my Grandparent's home for the traditional breakfast of Aebelskievers. They are these delicious little balls that are kind of like a pancake/waffle flavor. We put jam and powder sugar on them, so yummy! Then we went home to get ready for the party later that night. I didn't take many pictures, I always forget too. But check out my families blog Emmettville for more pics.

Cute Max

Nick and Adrienne

Clark and my cousin Alex playing some pool

Tyler, Allison & Jack (I can't get him to smile... he only stares!)

Then on the 26th Adrienne, Katie, and I drove down to my Mom's house to see Melissa and Merrick! They were with Adam's family this year for Christmas, but luckily we get to see them a few times while they are in Utah. Merrick is still a chunk and my arms get sore after a minute of holding him! We went to lunch and then just hung out around my Mom's house and laughed at Merrick. Of course I only took pictures of Merrick, but we had a fun time and we will see them again on January 1st for my mom's family party!

2 comments:

Paige said...

Max was so cute in all the pictures at Christmas! Usually he is pretty shy for me, but not this year! You have some cute nephews :)

adrienne said...

Snaps for Clark with the beautiful frames!
Great pictures of Little Max, Fat Jack, and Fat Nugget Merrick!