12.04.2009

Grandma Afton

Clark just called me about 20 minutes ago and said his sweet little Grandma Aftie passed away tonight. Lately she just hasn't been herself, and she was not interested in eating or doing much of anything. I don't have all of the details, but it sounds like most of his family was able to be there and say goodbye. I'm stuck in Logan because of work and an online test. I was able to see her on Tuesday though, and over the Thanksgiving Break. Ever since Grandpa Jay passed away she has been living with Blaine and Carolyn. That made it so we were able to see her a lot and spend time with her. I remember one night last year she was being so funny and we got her to sing the Davis High Fight Song! I have it on video, it was so funny that even after all these years she remembered it. I've only been graduated 5 years and I don't even know all the words! She has been able to come to our little Apartment on a few occasions and she always told me that we had a nice place and she liked my mirror, it was so cute that she always made a point to tell me that! We will miss having Grandma Aftie around, but she is in a much better place and she is finally reunited with her sweet husband Grandpa Jay.

Here she is with Natalie on Thanksgiving this year
One of the times she was able to come visit us in Logan
Presidents Day 2009

2 comments:

adrienne said...

Oh...Grandma Afton. She was so cute and I loved hearing all the stories about her.

Anonymous said...

While we all miss those who pass away isn't it good to have a knowledge of the Gospel plan that tells us where we will be and under what circumstances. Our challenge is to retain the good memories and live so that we will be with them all eventually.