12.29.2009

One Year Older and Wiser Too


Well I'm definitely one year older, and I'd like to think I'm getting wiser in my old age! I had a great 24th birthday. On Sunday Clark and I drove up to the cabin and had plans to wake up and go skiing on Monday. Sadly as we drove up Logan Canyon we realized how little snow there actually is up there and decided skiing wouldn't be that fun. So we are praying that the snow storm that is supposed to happen today and tomorrow brings a lot more than just a couple of inches....
The lake looked really cool with the reflection of the mountains in the water. Parts of the lake were frozen, it was cold up there!
Clark and Blaine made some yummy Dutch Oven chicken, potatoes, and carrots for dinner and then some peach cobbler for Birthday dessert! We were thinking that the candle might melt if we put them in the peach cobbler, so Clark put all 24 candles in a cardboard box!
My "cake"
On Monday we drove home and I took the Christmas decorations down. Our tree was taking up so much room in our little apartment, and I was starting to feel claustrophobic. But I left up my snowman and our skier nutcracker since it is still Snow Season kind of (I don't think everyone is doing their job and praying for snow... come on people I need to try out my new ski outfit and boots). Then we met my mom, Adrienne, Allison and her little boys at Cafe Sabor for some yummy dinner. I LOVE their chips and salsa. I could eat them everyday.

As you can see Max also enjoyed the chips and salsa (he left some on his face for later)

Jack enjoyed staring, especially at the balloons!

Then it was back to our apartment for blowing out candles and cake. Max of course wanted to help. He is the best "Happy Birthday Singer" and "Candle blower outer". Notice my childhood scrapbook on the table. Max thought that was a picture of him....



5 comments:

Paige said...

Happy Birthday!! Yes...candles will melt in a peach cobbler...we tried that for Ben's birthday. You guys were smarter than I was! (I'm not getting much "wiser" in my old age :)

P.S. LOVE the frames!! I forgot to mention that on the last post.

adrienne said...

Hey! Where did you find your childhood scrapbook? Did mom end up finding it at her house?

Glad you had a happy birthday!

jenn + michael said...

Your hair is getting so long! I'm glad you had a good birthday and that there was snow today. I read a sign at BYU that made me think of you. It said..."Pray for Snow! It's not blasphemous!" CLASSIC!

brooke said...

glad you had a happy birthday! your hair is long- very cute!!

Anonymous said...

And many happy returns on your birthday. It looks like everyone had a good time.