1.09.2010

Free Money

I have decided to apply for some scholarships! I don't know why I never tried for any in the past, but the other day I decided I'm going to do it. I'm pretty sure I'm a Senior, it's hard to know when you have been in school for 5 years and you should be graduated! But a few of the scholarships have a requirement to be a Junior or Senior so I guess waiting was a good thing. There are quite a few that I'm going to apply for so let's keep our fingers crossed. After this semester I just have my practicum in the summer (6 credits) and 2 classes (6 credits) in the Fall so I really don't want to have to apply for Financial Aid again and take out another loan. So hopefully I can save enough money from my job and I really hope I can get a scholarship. Even if I get it during my last semester I can pay off my student loans with it! They always tell you in High School to apply for scholarships and I guess I'm just deciding to take the good advice. I think the reason I have never applied for any in the past is because I doubted myself and never thought I would actually get one. But I've decided that I am no longer going to doubt my abilities! I think the Dean's List has given me a confidence boost.

Also I am on call tonight for my job from 5pm-9am. Well I said I would be on-call because you hardly ever get called in. Well I was supposed to go out to my Dad's house for dinner for his birthday at 5:30 and at 4pm I get a call saying there was a crisis call and we are going to have kids in the nursery for a few hours and I need to go in! Go figure the one time I have plans during an on call shift and I get called in. I was sad that I wasn't going to be at the family dinner, but it was my fault for agreeing to be on call. Well I went in and played with the kids and fed them some dinner. And even after being called in and missing family dinner, I still love my job. Even though I'm tired and being around kids makes me sleepy, it also makes me really happy! I'm so glad I found a major I love and a job that I love. And I realize that I should have paid better attention to my Patriarchal Blessing earlier on. I know that I'm doing what I should be, and I love that feeling! {I don't mean to get to personal or religious on my blog, but I just felt the need to add that part}

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We missed you last night but you were well repreented by Clark. The fact that you enjoy what you are doing means that you are involved in the right field of work. Hang in there and good luck with the scholarhip applications.

A and M said...

You should apply...what have you got to lose, right?
I love knowing that these little kids have a place to go to be fed & taken care of when they are placed in a crisis situation.

falslev family said...

I'm glad you volunteered to be on call. Those kids were lucky to have you! And never feel like you can't get personal or religious on your blog... it's never a bad thing! :) Good luck with the scholarships. You definitely deserve one.