3.18.2010

since I don't have children...

I act like my nephews are my children!  I blog about them like I am their proud Mom.  Well I am proud to say that my nephew Merrick turned ONE on March 16th.  I was lucky enough to go to California with my mom and my sister Adrienne to visit Merrick and be there for his birthday party.  


The view from their balcony
The weather was gorgeous and it was fun to look outside and see the ocean everyday.

Merrick did not cooperate with picture time

(notice that he is standing all by himself!)
My brother in law Adam makes Merrick the cutest shirts.  This one was so funny.
The front has a picture of Merrick with his hands up...

And the back says
"Wanted for stuffing his face"

Waiting for his cake...


Adam and Melissa made a guitar cake for the Party.  The theme was rock n' roll which is very fitting because Adam is very musically talented and he has passed that on to Merrick!  Merrick's favorite song is a Pearl Jam song!  He gets all excited when it comes on and waves his hands and smiles.  


His first guitar

Playing outside with his new bubble machine

It was so much fun being in California for the weekend and being able to celebrate Merrick's first birthday.  I miss him already!

4 comments:

A and M said...

Fun post! Email me any other pictures you took over the weekend...I like the one with Merrick's eyes closed :)

Anonymous said...

I is very obvious from looking at the pictures to see why you love Merrick. He is really a doll, even when he isn't too happy about having his picture taken.

jenn + michael said...

I can't believe he's one already! He is so cute! I'm a little jealous of the California warm weather!

adrienne said...

It was the BEST rock n' roll themed birthday party I have been to!