His only complaint was his back pack isn't made for carrying skis.
almost to the top
Looking over the edge.... this is when I got a phone call from him telling me they were about to ski down.
In deep thought... probably thinking how crazy he was to do this. Oh wait that is what I was thinking anxiously sitting at home. I always think the worst will happen (like avalanches, falling off the side of the mountain, hitting a tree...).
skiing down the steep mountain
He made it!
At this point they had to walk a mile to their car....
He had a great time and all I heard for the next week was about the Wellsville Mountains and anything that had to do with back country skiing! At least he is passionate about something and is enjoying life to its fullest! I will stick to my nice groomed runs and a few "in boundary" powder runs. No hiking mountains for me. If anyone wants to do the hike next year I know a guy who will do it with you!

3 comments:
Have Clark check out our friends blog bartmangbikestowork.blogspot.com
He is big into the back country.
Looks like fun, although I have never done it myself :)
Good for Clark. We are glad he made it down safe and sound. The pidtures remind us of some that were taken by some of our family, especially Bill, Mary and Jim years ago as they climbed the Wellsvilles in the spring.
Thanks for the blog post on the Wellsvilles! I was getting nervous that there wasn't going to be a post on it!
Post a Comment