8.18.2010

The Dog Days Are Over

"The dog days of summer are over." I never really paid much attention to that expression until my sister recommended a song with that title, and then for some reason I've heard that expression so much lately.  I guess I'm realizing that summer is ending and I will be super busy until December.  This is my last semester, A Woo Hoo!  It's finally here people, after 6 long years of taking classes trying to figure out what I wanted to do, I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  For those who don't know I'm majoring in FCHD (Family Consumer Human Development) with an emphasis in Family and Community Service.  It is the best major ever.  Basically I've taken infancy/child development, middle childhood, adult development, family finance, and cultural diversity classes.  I have two more classes this semester and then my 300 hour practicum and I am done!   People ask me what I will do with that degree and I say "be a mom".  That's honestly all I've really wanted to do, but I've wanted to have a degree so this one worked out perfect.  Also working at The Child and Family Support Center is perfect for someone with an FCHD degree.  So I'll just keep working there till we move away from Logan.  
Speaking of Logan, I cannot wait for the Fall.  I LOVE the fall weather especially in Logan.  I can already feel the change coming.  I love when school starts, and the weather starts to cool off just a little.  It is perfect.  


I love this painting.  It is actually one my bishop or his son did, I'm not sure.  Our bishop is an amazing artist and I saw this one on his website.  I will own this painting one day! 
Click here for more paintings.



Logan Canyon Fall Leaves

I get bugged when nobody updates their blogs because then I don't have anything to do at night.  But then I realized I haven't updated in a long time, so I guess I should take a turn in updating.  Not that people are dying to read my blog, but I always like when people update!  We went to Bear Lake two weekends ago with friends but my camera was dead so I don't have any pictures.  This past weekend we went to the Cache Valley Rodeo with family.  It was fun laughing at crazy people and watching the cowboys and rodeo queens doing their thing.  I do have a few pictures from that but they are still on my camera (one day I'll blog them).
Another important item of business that I'm sure you would all like to know..... The Old's are moving out this Saturday!  I thought this day would never come.  Saturday by noon they will be on their way back to sunny Arizona (watch out Jennifer) and out of our hair.  And if everything goes as planned we WILL NOT be living here next summer and I think you know why!  
And for you who read my blog I was getting frustrated a few months back with finding a practicum and all that nonsense.  Well I'm am so relieved because I figured out what I'm doing.  I am going to be teaching Good Touch Bad Touch in the elementary school throughout Cache Valley.  GTBT is a presentation that you do to teach children about sexual abuse and how to protect themselves!  I know, kind of an awkward subject, but way important.  I'm really excited and nervous to do it.  But I will get in the hours I need and then once I'm done with my Practicum hours it will be my full time paying job. So when I graduate I have a job!  How awesome is that.  I knew everything would work out, but I just hate waiting and waiting until something happens.  I seriously prayed about it 24/7 and fretted about it all the time.  I really hate not knowing what I will be doing, so it was stressing me out not having my fall semester all figured out.  But everything will always work out in the end how it needs to, so I just needed to have a little more faith!  
School starts a week from Monday, the apartments have been super busy with people last minute looking for housing, I'm still working my other job, we are slowly getting the apartments ready for the students, and I have to pay tuition by Friday!  It will be a busy two weeks!  

6 comments:

Emily B said...

So excited for you! Finding a job is quite the relief. It was fun talking to you and Clark on Monday! It's always so good to see family!

jenn + michael said...

Loved this post. I knew the olds were leaving because the start of your blog was so chipper. Thanks for the heads up though. Follow them down and come visit!

Courtney said...

Congrats on your last semester! That is seriously one of the best feelings in the world. And I didn't know what your major was. I did the same thing at BYU... all the same classes. I even looked at Utah State's grad program, but like you, I just want to be a mom. :) What a happy fall this will be! :)

Anonymous said...

Sonds like a stressful time deciding on a plan of action at achool but we are hoping you have made the right decision. Good luck!

adrienne said...

See...if you are patience and have faith everything works out! I'm glad that the GTBT worked out and you are getting the hours you need PLUS pay!

curt said...

Congratulations on the final semester of school, and a job to transition into. Thats fantastic, especially in this job market!

Enjoy & savor your last semester!