11.22.2010

Thankful

I have so much to be thankful for in my life right now.  As my previous post mentioned, I had been back and forth on applying for a new job position at my same place of employment.  Well I decided to follow everyones advice and at least apply for it.  After I applied the job position changed slightly.  It is still for a home visitor but it is with the Healthy Families program.  This program works with first time parents before the baby is born and up to 3 years old.  They test the development of the child and provide support and information for first time parents who may be at risk for abuse or other situations.  
So I had an interview on Thursday and I just got a call today from the girl over Healthy Families and she offered me the job!  I am so excited because we specifically work with young babies and children under 3 who I love the most!  I get to put a lot of things I learned in school to use, like testing a child's development.  I will get a lot of training with this position too, so I'm glad I will be prepared for this job.  I will get a pay raise and more hours.  It is going to be a little hard the first few weeks because I will still be in school and teaching GTBT, but it will work out.  Yes I am still teaching GTBT in the schools until it ends in about May or June.  The new home visitor position will be around 20 hours a week, and GTBT is generally 10-15 hours.  So two part time jobs = a full time job.  I'm really excited to branch out and learn new things and get experience.  Now I feel that eventually when we move out of Logan, I will have more experience to put on a resume and I look more like a professional.  I feel so blessed to have a job before I even graduate.  I know so many people who graduate and can't find jobs that are in their field of work.  This will help me with paying off my massive amounts of student loans.  Who knew just getting a Bachelor's degree would cost so much!  I'm also so glad I can continue to work where I've been working for over a year, I love it there!
Another reason I am thankful is that my wonderful Mother called me the other day to let me know that with some new Health Care system I can be insured on my Mom's insurance until I am 26 even if I am married.  How sweet is that.  So I have 1 year to be insured.  Clark on the other hand is uninsured.  BUT we do have Aflac and we have accident insurance specifically for Clark because of all his craziness on skis.  I'm grateful for whoever made it possible for me to be insured, even if it is for just 1 year.  That's long enough to have a baby, right!  FYI not announcing anything except for the fact that come January I'm insured.  


I didn't want to do another post without pictures so I'll add some random pictures that I found from my phone.  


One warm day in September I went for a bike ride and Clark rode his long board.  We rode to my old neighborhood just a few blocks from my Grandma's house where we are living.  It was fun to feel like a kid again riding my bike where I used to when I was growing up in Logan.  

My house I lived in from the age of 1-6.  It is funny because Clark's house is the exact layout as this one.  We grew up in the same house!  I miss my old neighborhood, it was the best.

I found these pictures on a blog called Alice Lane Home.  It is an Interior Design/Home Decor store in Orem I believe, but I love looking at their blog.  Christmas Decorations I would LOVE to have!  

I love those cute stockings.  Basically I just love the whole mantel

I also loved these glass trees.  Sometimes I need a break from the cutesy and crafty Christmas Decorations.  I love those too, but it would be fun to have a house with fancy Christmas Decorations.  

I decided I need multiple homes to decorate in different ways.  I like too many styles of decorating!  
  
This is getting long, but since the title of my post says Thankful, I feel like I should write a few more things I'm thankful for besides a job and insurance.

In no particular order....
1. Family.  Immediate and Extended.  I love them all!
2. My husband.  Clark really puts up with a lot from me, and he still loves me!
3. Living with my Grandma.  This has been such a blessing to Clark and I in so many ways.  Quality time with Grandma is always good!
4. Health.  Clark and I are fairly healthy people, with no major issues or concerns.  
5. Food.  I seriously love food, and knowing that I will always have something to eat is a blessing.  Not everyone knows where their next meal will come from.
6. The Gospel.  I don't know what I would do with the Gospel in my life.  I think I pray a million times a day, and it gives me peace knowing that someone is actually listening and answering my prayers.  I'm always worried about something or wondering how something is going to work out, and I love knowing it will all work out the way it needs too.  You just have to have Faith and be Patient.  

There are a lot of things I'm thankful for, but those are the major one's I can think of right now.  Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving.  We are going to Kaysville to eat a lot of food and do a little Black Friday Shopping!

4 comments:

jenn + michael said...

Miss you! I'm glad you got that job! That really sounds perfect for you! Alice Lane is in Orem and I used to drive past it longingly all the time.
PS I cannot wait to meet baby pierson! haha!

Emily said...

Congrats on the job! We just found out today that Brandon has a paid summer clerkship and we are so relieved! And I am also taking advantage of being on my parents insurance :) Life is good.

adrienne said...

Well I am thankful that you found a job and that you will be on mom's insurance!
And just get a house and decorate each room in a different style.

curt said...

Congratulations on the job! Sounds perfect!

Glad you are able to get health care too. You can thank Obama for that, but unfortunately the new congress is threatening to repeal it all. So you better have your baby quick! JUST KIDDING!!!