1.02.2011

Long Time No Post

I have been busy with work and the Holidays and when I have free time I haven't felt like blogging.  One reason is because my camera is struggling.  It has worked fine until just recently all my pictures turn out blurry.  It refuses to focus.  It is a fairly nice camera for just a "point and shoot", and I got it last year for Christmas so it isn't old.  I did get the iphone 4 for Christmas and it actually has a pretty sweet camera, so that's nice.  I don't want to blog blurry pictures and those people who took pictures during the month of December need to send me their pictures (hint hint sisters).   


I'm going to try and do a quick recap of the past months.... I can't believe I haven't blogged about Thanksgiving.  


Thanksgiving: This year we were in Kaysville with the Clark's family.  His parents and sister Angie were there and then his sister Natalie and her cute family (The Stromberg's) came.  The next day I went Black Friday shopping with Angie, Carolyn, Natalie, and Nash.  We go up to the outlets in Park City at midnight and shop there for a few hours then we made it to the Target in Centerville around 3:30 and they opened their doors at 4am.  I was wanting to get a Sony Blue Ray player for Clark.  Other than that I didn't really need anything else.  I got a few small things but nothing big.  I don't really know why I go... It is kind of fun and crazy.  We were home by 6am so we all went back to bed for a few hours.  Clark actually went hunting with his Dad and a neighbor that morning while we were shopping.  I went back up to Logan later that day and hung out with some family staying at my Grandma's.  We watched "Babes in Toy Land" which is a funny Disney movie from the 60's with Annette Funicello.  Classic.  


December Happenings: A Pierson tradition that I love is going to the Festival of Trees every year.  They started this tradition years ago when they first bought a tree.  And now they go every year.  It is usually the first week of December on a Tuesday night.  This year it was actually on November 30th.  It is a great way to get into the Holiday Spirit.  


I got this picture from their website

I was also able to go to the Ballet West production of the Nut Cracker in Salt Lake on December 4th.  I LOVE going to the Nutcracker.  I love the dancing and the music.  I went with my sisters Adrienne & Katie and my Mom.  We ate at Noodles & Co. before which is one of my favorite places.  We took pictures but as you know, mine did not turn out, so I googled this picture! 

Love the Sugar Plums

On December 18th I went to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir with David Archuletta!  My step-mom Lorie tries to get tickets every year.  Each year it seems like she gets at least 4 tickets.  This year she got about 16.  Clark came with me last year, but when he heard it was David Archuletta he asked if he could stay home.  We aren't big David fans.  But I will say I really really enjoyed the concert and he does have a really good voice, especially live.  After the concert we walked around temple square to see the lights.  The weather was nice, not too cold and it really wasn't crowded at all.  The only bad thing was we couldn't find our way back to our car!  We had a voucher to park under the church office building.  After we parked there were all these nice men in suits guiding us where to go, so we didn't even pay attention.  All we knew is that we suddenly appeared out of a door somewhere on temple square. We seriously looked forever and couldn't figure out where we came out.  So we went to the Joseph Smith building and a nice man was trying to help us figure it out.  We finally found our way, but it seriously was A LOT of walking and took us forever!  

There is little David.  He was so funny and would just smile the whole time and wave like a million times anytime he walked on and off the stage.  {I also just googled this picture}

Pictures of Temple Square
Part of the Nativity

I love the red/orange lights

Snowflake

Just two random pictures of our Christmas Decorations.  We are living with my Grandma in her basement and I love that she has a mantel down there.  It was a nice place to put decorations and we were actually able to hang stockings by a fireplace.  

Our Tree
The picture was from my old phone, so not the best quality

My Grandma puts up a "skier" tree which just has ornaments of skiers or anything to do with skiing.  Then she has a group of 6 trees with snowflake ornaments that my great grandma made.  She also has two trees out on her front porch.  We put our own tree in the basement so there were 10 trees at my Grandma's house this year.  Very Festive!   

The Snowflake Trees

We had a great Christmas this year and were able to spend lots of time with Family.  My sister Melissa, her husband Adam and their little guy Merrick came to Utah for Christmas.  It was a lot of fun spending time with them.  We were able to go to Kaysville a few times over the break. We spent New Year's with Clark's family.  We played the wii game Just Dance 2 {that game is so fun} did a few puzzles and went to a movie.  We also played Just Dance 2 with my family on Christmas night and the day after Christmas.  It is awesome!  We've been skiing a few times already and when it isn't so cold up there we will go some more.    

This post is getting long so I will save my skiing pictures for another post!

5 comments:

A and M said...

You're not as behind in blogging as I am! Do you want to blog for me?
I liked your update because I didn't know about a lot of these festive things you did.
I loved the story about not being able to find the car...classic! I wish I was there to laugh at the fun of not knowing how to leave Temple Square!

Miller Time said...

Umm....you left out the totally cool Allred Family party and Minute to Win it! I see what we mean to you ;)

adrienne said...

Alright...I got the hint that I need to send you pictures but I still haven't downloaded them from my camera. Melissa, it was pretty funny that we couldn't find our car. We even pulled out our cameras to see if we could tell from the pictures we took where we came out from. No luck!

jenn + michael said...

I've heard David Archuleta is really good live. I'm jealous you got to see it. Now January festivities should take you to AZ! hint hint!

curt said...

Glad to hear you had a great christmas break, but what about the bash at Whitney's place?? I wanted to hear about it! :)

Sorry Barb and I missed it, and sorry we didnt get to see you at all over the holidays. :.(