10.28.2011

October

I guess I better catch up on what we have been doing.  The months are flying by, I can't believe it's already Halloween.  Before you know it Thanksgiving and Christmas will be here!  

This wasn't in October, but I thought it was a cool picture.  It was taken on my phone so it's not the best.  We were up watching the USU men's soccer team play UVU (my cousin plays for them).  USU won!  I love the A and the Old Main building.  I will miss it if we ever move out of Logan. 

My work has an annual Trick or Treat Trot 10K, 5K, and 1mile run.  Clark runs our races every year and this year he dressed as a cowboy.  Don't ask me how he ran a 5K in wranglers and a thick button up shirt.  He wore running shoes, although it would have been impressive to see him run in those cowboy boots.  

After the race we drove with Clark's dad up to Yellowstone to do some sight seeing.  The last time I was in Yellowstone I was a small child, and I don't remember a thing.  So it was fun to go and see Old Faithful and other wildlife.  

Clark taking pictures of the Elk.  He has better pictures on his camera, I just haven't put them on my computer yet.  One day I will......

Buffalo.  They are everywhere.  People still want to stop and take pictures.  We just rolled down the window and snapped this one!  

We had fun in Yellowstone and on the way home stayed at the cabin in Bear Lake.  We decided to stop up Tony Grove in Logan Canyon to see the Fall leaves.  They were pretty ugly by this point but we still snapped a few pictures.  On the way down we got stuck in a cattle drive.  It was hilarious!
We were surrounded by cows.  They didn't want to move too quickly.  


Yep, there is snow on the ground up at the Lake.  Winter is coming!  


My sister Allison's family got a puppy!  Little chloe is so cute.  I texted Clark this picture and said "Can we keep her" and he said "not in my house!"  He doesn't like dogs.  At all.  Sadly I will never have a dog.  I can't get enough of her ears, ha ha!

Cute baby Elle.  I just had to include this picture my sister sent me of Elle.  She is adorable.  If I have a little girl, I hope she is as pretty as Elle.  I will get to see her at Christmas! 

Thriller!  Me, Clark and a bunch of my family members went to Thriller when they came up to Logan.  It was so fun and I loved most of the dances.  It got a little long, and some of the dances weren't my fav. but all in all it was a great show!  

Had to get a picture with a Zombie girl!  I look like a zombie girl with my scary red eyes.  and my hands are doing something creepy too.... Clark looks good though!

 The city of North Logan does a thing each year called the pumpkin walk.  Anyone can make a little "scene" using mostly pumpkins and squash.  Clark and I decided to go walk around the other night.  
Angry birds.  Pretty creative

The Nightmare Before Christmas.  I thought they looked exactly like the real characters.  

Candy Land.  My favorite game as a child. 

Gulligans Island.  Whoever painted the faces on those pumpkins did an amazing job! It was cute because their scene was in a sand box.   


I'm still working full time and that consumes most of my time, because when I get home from work I am exhausted and all I want to do is eat dinner and sit on the couch.  Sometimes we go for walks outside when it's not too cold.  At least I'm not sick and I feel great.  We find out what is growing inside my belly on November 14th!  I think it's probably a boy, or at least that's what I keep referring to it as.  
We have names picked out, and we really only both agree on one boy name so I'm pretty sure if we have a boy he will be named Henry.  I've always liked that name and it is my great grandpa's name.  I just like the idea of using family names.  If it's a girl we like Olivia, Harper, or Elinore.  Elinore is my great grandma on my mom's side and I love it.  I just worry my kids will be teased because they have "old fashioned" names.  Whatever, my kids will be cool and rock their old school names!  


Clark is on his last semester of school!  But that just means he needs to find a real job.  Anyone know of any awesome jobs for a cute boy with a degree in Business (Entrepreneurship and Economics to be exact).  He really is so talented and could do just about any job.  It's just finding that job that is the hard part.  He has been doing some cool projects with school and learning a lot about how a business is run.  I help him type papers and I have no idea what he is even talking about!  He is planning to make a lot of the baby furniture.  I think it is so fun to say that your dad made your crib!  


We are carving pumpkins tomorrow with some friends and I have a fun halloween shirt to wear to work on Monday!  I will probably blog about it after Thanksgiving..... 

7 comments:

Carly said...

We love the 'old' names too. Clara would have been Henry if she was a boy! I love that name! Congrats on the babe!

jenn + michael said...

I hope you have a baby girl! And your children will rock any name they have. Michael says Honeywell is hiring in a bunch of different departments that he's not involved in so to go onto Honeywell.com and apply.

Brooke and Jonny said...

That is so awesome you guys are expecting I'm so happy for the two of you! I think old names are cute, honestly any name goes now days so I doubt they'd get made fun of =)

Brooke and Jonny said...

That's so awesome you guys are expecting, I'm so happy for you two! I think old names are cute, honestly now days any name goes so they won't get made fun of =)

YPR said...

You've captured the beauty of this time of year very well. Yellowstone in autumn can't be beat. Don't forget that Great Grandpa Emmett liked his middle name, Roland, better than his first, Henry. I like 'em both, but naturally I have a fondness for your pal Roland. No question that the Pierson kids will rock their old school names.

Mary said...

Laura, you are so cute. I loved reading your blog and I can't wait for your new baby to get here!

A and M said...

I laughed out loud at your zombie picture...mostly at your hands!
I can't wait for a little Henry, unfortunately I don't think they will rock any chubby cheeks but I will still love to kiss him!