10.02.2011

Ice Cream and Pickles

So I've heard that pregnant girls crave ice cream and pickles, or at least pickles.  I work with a girl who is pregnant and she loves eating pickles everyday.  My own Mom said she loved pickles (especially the juice from the jar) and even V8 juice.  


Well I don't crave pickles or ice cream!  This little baby growing in my belly just really likes french fries.  But I can't really say that is from being pregnant, because when I was not with child I loved french fries with fry sauce.  SO I guess I don't really have any "pregnancy cravings".  I just use being pregnant as an excuse that I can eat some french fries when it's the ONLY thing that sounds good.  Chick-Fil-A is delicious!  


I've been so blessed to not have horrible morning sickness.  I flew to California over Labor Day when I was about 9 weeks pregnant and I was so worried I would be so sick.  I didn't feel 100% but I never threw up.  There have been a few mornings when I have thrown up, but then I feel fine.  I'm always tired, but I was always tired before I was pregnant so I can't say the tiredness is a direct result of the small human in my belly.  I'm just chronically tired, always.  


Tomorrow I will be 14 weeks.  I'm to the 2nd Trimester, yay!  Each morning I feel less and less sick to my stomach.  I feel great as long as I eat a small snack about every 2 hours.  When I leave for work every day I have my hands full of food!  Before my sweet Grandma knew I was pregnant I think she thought I was crazy with all the food I was leaving the house with.  PB&J's and fresh peaches are my saving grace.  


I feel like I'm pregnant along with every other girl in the Country.  My best friend Jennifer is also pregnant and we are due only a few days apart!  So fun! My due date is April 1st (I'm not joking).  Clark's birthday is April 4th.  I bet the baby will come on his birthday.  What guy doesn't want to celebrate his birthday in a hospital with his grumpy wife going through labor (I just assume I will be grumpy girl during labor).  


We are so excited for the new addition to our family that will be joining us in about 26 weeks.  That is only 26 more Fridays.  Scary!  Clark's brother and nephew flew to Utah for Conference this weekend and when Brad was leaving he said "the next time I see you, you will have a baby!"  


Now what you have all been waiting for..... The picture of our little peanut.  I was 10 weeks for my first Dr. appointment and ultrasound.  


Baby Pierson

8 comments:

Annie O Castro said...

Jenn told me that you were pregnant---congratulations!!

jenn + michael said...

Wahoo! Your lil peanut is darling already! Congratulations! ...french fries sound REALLY good right now.

A and M said...

Those 26 Fridays will fly by! I can't wait to see your little belly grow and to hold the little peanut in person. This baby will be a little peanut for sure...no chubby babies for you!

Emily B said...

I am chronically tired too! Brandon gives me grief all the time for it. Congratulations :) Can't wait.

Callie said...

Congratulations! I haven't announced my pregnancy via the internet yet but I'm also due on April 1st! How funny! You will make a great mom!

Elegante Family said...

Wow congrats! That is exciting news. I am 32 weeks pregnant with another baby girl.

Miller Time said...

Congratulations Lou! So excited for you and Clark!
xoxo

Cortni Stokes said...

YAAAAAY! I am so excited to hear the news! Congratulations.