8.23.2012

Banana Muffins and Cheese

The Emmett Family loves some DP and BB&C. For those who have no idea what those letters mean, it stands for Dr. Pepper and Banana Bread and Cheese. The most delicious snack you will ever eat. Today I wanted some BB&C (I also want a DP but since I'm nursing I've cut out caffeine). I had 3 very ripe bananas, but I didn't have my grandmas banana bread recipe. I did, however, have a muffin recipe. So I went with it. The results were delicious! Some of you may think I am crazy for putting cheese on banana bread (or muffins in some cases). Don't knock it till you try it. It is like sweet and salty. The best combination. Do all Emmett's like this? I assumed we all love it, but maybe there are some that don't, and for fear of being shunned have kept quiet all these years. 
Well I love it and now I love BM&C. Other Emmett family favorites that I am craving today... Homemade Peach or Raspberry Ice Cream made by my wonderful Grandpa Emmett who we miss and love, homemade raspberry jam made by my Grandma Emmett and Aebelskivers topped with said jam made by various members of the Emmett family. We know what's up when it comes to good food. 

Now for the pictures of my delicious snack that I will eat all day long. I can't stop at just one. 



Go try some BB&C or BM&C.  If you don't know what Aebelskivers are you should try them too.  They are yummy. 


4 comments:

jenn + michael said...

I'm all for banana bread. And cheese. But I'm not sure how I feel with the mix. I'll have to get over my 2nd grade self and try it sometime. ;)

YPR said...

Well played Laura. The banana is the only fruit that is better made into bread (or muffins). A slice of medium cheddar on the BB and a cold DP is the perfect post run treat.

adrienne said...

I was JUST craving bannana bread and cheese the other day. I have never made it myself...just relied on Gma Norda to always have it so I might have to step up and make it myself. Although I am afraid it just won't be the same. Gma Norda has that recipe amoung many others PERFECTED!

A and M said...

Reading this post made me "Logan-sick". I can't remember the last time I had Grandpa's homemade ice cream or even Grandma's Aebelskivers and my BB never turns out like Grandma's. At least I had her sloppy joe's while I was visiting.