8.16.2012

Henry is 4 months old

I know what you are thinking "Henry is already 4 months old!"  Yes.  Yes he is. I'm a little shocked myself.  Time is just flying by.  

Here is the cute little bugger

"Oh Mom you are so funny!"


Seriously.  Look how cute he is

4 Month Tidbits:

At his 4 month check up on August 13 2012 his stats are:
  • 25 inches long (51%)
  • 13 pounds 14 ounces (27%)
  • Head size is 17.25 inches (86%) 

Basically he is a skinny little boy.  His 3-6 month onesies fit him great but 3-6 month shorts are a little big.  His 0-3 month shorts are getting a little too tight so we just put him in the big shorts and say we dressed him like a gangsta' on purpose!  
In the past month...

  • He is still sleeping through the night and takes about 1 hour long naps during the day.  
  • He has started grabbing his toes and bringing them to his mouth.  Although he can't quite get his toes in there.  
  • He has rolled over 3 times from his tummy to his back, but refuses to do it anymore.  He uses his strong abs to stop from rolling.  When he is on his back he will grab his feet and roll from side to side but never all the way over.
  • He will grab little toys and bring them to his mouth
  • He screams and squeals all the time!  He is so loud.  When he is just laying on the floor on a blanket he is in baby heaven.  He loves it and just squeals until he gets tired, then he fusses and he takes a nap.  Best baby ever.  
  • In the last month he has been good at sticking to a schedule.  Most days he will wake up at the same time and eat at the same time.  He can now go 3 hours between feedings instead of 2.  He usually wakes up between 6 and 7 am to eat then falls back asleep until about 10.  Then he eats and plays takes a nap from about 11:30-12:30 and wakes up to eat at 1.  Then this continues with a feeding at 4, 7, and 9:30 then it's down for the night until he wakes up again at 6 or 7.  It is nice to have some idea of when he will be eating and sleeping.  It makes planning the day a lot easier.  I don't care if his schedule gets messed up but I do like him to have his naps or else he is just sad and grumpy.  
  • I think around 3-4 months they start getting more interactive which is so much fun.  
  • The doctor said I can start solids with him, but I think I will wait until 5 months.  I just think he needs time to really be great at holding his head up and actually knowing how to swallow food and use his tongue.  When I put him in the Bumbo he can hold his head up, but it still kind of leans forward a little.  Plus we have some big changes up ahead for our little family (I'll blog about that later) so I would rather start solids when we are all settled and I can use my Baby Bullet to make my own baby food!  I'm so excited to start concocting some yummy things for Mr. Henry.  

1 comment:

adrienne said...

I can't believe he is 4 months already...he is so big! Please come to Logan soon...I need to kiss him!