Clark had the Saturday before the 24th off and he had the 24th off so he decided to take Monday the 23rd off so we could go up to Bear Lake and take a day trip up to Jackson.
Henry was pretty excited when we told him he would be going on his first road trip and would be crossing state lines into Wyoming.
Clark & Henry ready to go
We hiked around Jenny Lake because it was easy {being pregnant for 9 months and then having a baby makes you out of shape}
Henry loved the hike. He slept for part of the time and when he was awake he was looking all around {see picture below}
straining his neck to look at something cool.
It was overcast the whole time which made it nice because it wasn't too hot. However all of those clouds rolled over the Tetons and as we started our way back down it started pouring rain. Clark took Henry and basically ran the whole way back. I slowly followed behind tripping over rocks and stubbing my toes. I worried that Henry was getting too wet, but he didn't like having his head covered. He wanted to look around and feel the rain on his face. We were soaked by the time we got back to the car. It was fun though!
Then we drove back into town to visit my cousin Sam who works up there. It was so fun to see her and we bought some cute jammies for Henry. Then we had dinner at The Merry Piglets. Delicious Mexican food! I highly recommend it. I got the Mexican Caesar salad with fresh avocado on it. Yum!
This picture was after the rain storm.... that explains my loveliness. Sam looks adorable as does Henry.
We didn't stay over in Jackson because lets face it, I did not want to spend $150 on a hotel room. So we drove back to the cabin to sleep for free.
These are just cute pictures of Henry hanging out at the cabin.
He loves grabbing his toes now. He also looks like he has a uni-brow in this picture. I promise he doesn't in real life. And if he does I will teach him about waxing and plucking!
Tummy time champ. Look how high up his little legs are. He actually rolled over twice for me, but will not do it again. He was on his belly and rolled to his back. He is so close to rolling over both ways, but he just fights it.
He has strong legs. He loves to stand {with our help obviously}
My child has a love hate relationship with water. He loves his bath, but hasn't decided if he loves the swimming pool yet. Maybe it's just a little too cold. 
We call this face "baby fish mouth" He will pucker his little lips and is usually blowing bubbles too. If you have seen When Harry Met Sally that is where we got "baby fish mouth" from. It is the scene when they are playing Pictionary and Meg Ryan's character is trying to draw "baby talk". Classic
After swimming he is all smiles! His hand is blocking his mouth, but he was smiling I promise. Nowadays his hands are always in his mouth. And he drools like crazy. He wears a bib for most of the day.
I just noticed that in most of these pictures he looks like a little redhead. When he is out in the sunlight his hair has a reddish tint to it. But somedays it looks brown, even a little blonde. I'm not sure what color he will have.





1 comment:
Baby fish mouth! Baby fish mouth! I love it!
Post a Comment