Here is my growing baby....
Excited to be 6 months old
EVERYONE comments about his hair. I'm not even joking. Ladies in the grocery store, at church, in restaurants. You name it. People can't get enough of it.
He thought the sticker was better in his mouth
I love his lips
Henry's 6 month Doctor appointment was switched to a week early so he was actually not quite 6 months so they said they couldn't give him his shots since the child has to be over 6 months. If I had known that I wouldn't have let them switch my appointment to a week earlier. Oh well. I just took him in a week later just to get the shots. He did really good this time and didn't act fussy. He had a slight fever that night so I gave him some Tylenol and he was great. Henry is such a trooper.
6 month Stats:
Height: 27 inches
Weight: 16 lbs
Head: 17 inches
I don't have the percentiles written down but he is in the middle on almost all of them. I think his weight is closer to like the 30th percentile but head and height are around 50. He is still growing so that is all I care about. I just have to come to terms that I will not have a chunky baby. But he does have some awesome hair!
- He is still loving solid foods. He eats them 3 times a day after he nurses (which has become a challenge, but I'll get to that later).
- Foods he has tried: baby oatmeal cereal, pears, avocado, sweet potato, peas, yellow squash, zucchini, bananas, and apples.
- He loves avocado, pears, and sweet potato. I make my own baby food using the Baby Bullet. I feel like it saves a ton of money because one sweet potato made a lot of food. Avocado is hard because it turns brown after a day in the fridge, so Henry has to eat it for each meal before it goes brown. He wasn't too sure about the peas at first, but now he will eat them. I guess he wasn't too sure about any of the food the first few bites. It takes him a few bites to get used to it. He eats his solids really well so that is great. Every time I feed him squash I will say "Henry do you want some squash" and then that makes me say "oh my gosh, I'm a squash" which is a line from the cutest book called "The Ugly Pumpkin". I need to buy it but Barnes and Noble up here didn't have it. My cute little niece Nashtyn had the book memorized last Fall and just hearing her cute little voice read the book made me love it even more. It is definitely worth buying.
- Henry started sitting up sometime in the last month and he does really well now. He rarely tips over just sitting on the carpet. I still don't let him sit up in the tub because that is a little more dangerous if he falls over. He loves to just sit and stare out the window and play with his toy bucket.
- He rolls all over the place, especially if he sees something interesting. He just rolls right on over to it. He loves to roll over to our coffee table and get the books that are sitting on the bottom.
- He still sleeps through the night from about 10pm-6:30am and then eats and goes back to sleep until 9am.
- He has breast milk 5-6 feedings a day. If he has 6 he will for sure sleep through the night, if he has 5 it is hit and miss. So the past month he has been too distracted to want to nurse. If he hears something he will want to look all around for it, if I sneeze he has to stare at me forever and figure out what the noise was, etc... So I decided I would just pump and feed him a bottle which was working out great until I noticed my supply was drastically cut in half. So basically he went from getting 5 ounces to like 2 or 3. It was bad. So after much stress and asking the "experts" which are my facebook friends I decided to take an herbal supplement called Fenugreek and so far it is working great. Henry will nurse great at 6:30am and then after that it just depends on the day. But I can pump and get enough milk. Plus with the 3 feedings of baby food, I don't think he will starve. But for awhile there I thought he might. I was being very dramatic one day and I said to Henry "fine, if you want to end up in the hospital because you are malnourished then that is just fine with me!" Ha ha my poor baby. I can get a little dramatic sometimes. Luckily Clark is still married to me after he has seen me be a crazy mom.
- As you can tell from my previous bullet point, he is getting very "active" and interested in everything. I guess I shouldn't say active because it's not like he is crawling, but he just wants to touch everything and put it in his mouth. He kicks his legs and sticks his arms out when he is excited! He will sit in a shopping cart and his little arms are out the whole time, he loves it.
We love Mr. Henry and are so happy he is in our family. I've been calling him King Henry lately because he rules the household. Whatever Henry wants, goes. But at 6 months thats how it should be! You can't spoil a baby :)
He does this funny look where he tilts his head down but then looks up at me with his eyes! So funny.
Here he is with his toy bucket.
Rolling to get the books






2 comments:
I can't believe he is 6 months...well I guess almost 7 now! And I love that face of him in the bumbo...he is saying "just wait until I can walk mom".
He is seriously so cute! Don't worry, I was about a month behind with my Berkley updates and now I'm almost 3 months behind with Peyton. So you're not the only one.
Post a Comment