8.27.2008

Back To School


large.1398.thumb.jpg

Well I survived the first few days of class. Clark and I are both taking 13 credits and have our Math 1010 class together. Now some of you may be thinking "What are two smart people like Clark and Laura doing back in Math 1010, didn't they already pass that class with flying colors?" The answer is yes we did pass 1010 and also 1050 with A's out of the class, however that was 2 years ago and there is a new rule that if it has been over a year (2 semesters) since your last math class you have to either a)take a placement test or b)just retake the class, or choose a major free of math (which is hard to do). So I took the placement test after not having math for 2+ years and my score was on the low side so it placed me back into Math 1010. So when I finally decided my major of FCHD (Family Consumer Human Development) it said I needed math 1100 and so I'm back in 1010 and if I do well then I can hopefully skip 1050 and go straight to 1100. Clark needs 1100 for is Entrepreneur major. So far so good, it is all a review and very easy. All the memories of inequalities, set operations, absolute values etc... all came flooding back to me. Oh and did I mention that our class is on the 3rd floor of a very old building with no air conditioner! It makes for a very fun 45 minutes. Another fun thing happening this week are soccer tryouts for Clark. I helped with tryouts yesterday and they had about 40 guys show up and they will keep half. They had too many guys last year so this year I guess they want a team of 15-20. I'm pretty sure Clark is on the team since the team captain said the guys from last year that are trying out this year are most likely going to make it. It is hard because they are just a club team and don't get much money or help from the school. Most schools hold tryouts in the summer so they have time to practice together, but not USU. Basically tryouts go until Thursday and the first game is on Saturday! For those of you who want to come watch, the game is Saturday the 30th at Noon on the tower fields (just south of the cemetery) We will see how the

game goes with only one day of practicing as a team.


Clark playing soccer last Fall (#9)


So far the students are better than the Sun City folks. Our maintenance list has stayed clear except for 1 or 2 things and no drama between girl roommates so we are thrilled!! Check for future stories because I guarantee there will be some sort of drama around here.











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you ae both keeping you noses to the grindstone- keep up the good work. We hope to be at the game this Saturday but will have to decide for sure later.

Monica said...

Laura--I am so glad that you found my blog! I didn't even know that you had one, so now I can "stalk" you back, ha ha!
I already do that on facebook, so this is even better. Don't be too busy!