4.09.2009

Japan Day 7

I'm still not done documenting the trip.  I will eventually get to day 10 I promise! I just finished writing a 12 page paper so I decided to take a blogging break.
This was a Thursday and we had a full day of fun.  We first drove to see Mt. Fuji.  I wish it wasn't covered in snow, because that would be a fun mountain to climb.  I guess we will just have to go back in the summer!
The view from the visitors center

Leaving Mt. Fuji

After Mt. Fuji they took us to some really neat waterfalls!  I'm not sure if they have a name, but they were sweet.



Next we went to an Onsen (hot spring).  The name of the Onsen was Yunessun (Are you confused yet). It was up in the mountains in a really cool town.
They had a lot of different pools, and some had certain themes.  They had a "wine" pool that was a purple/red color, they had a "green tea" one that was green.  The one below is the Sake pool.  That big thing was really dripping Sake into the water... it was a small amount but if you got right up to it you could smell it!
I don't have a good picture of it, but there was a pool that you could stick your feet in and all these little fish would come and eat the dry skin from your feet!  It tickled so bad and kinda freaked me out!  I really don't like fish, and even though they were tiny it felt weird to have them all over my feet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are glad you have documented you trip to Japan and that we get to benefit from it. Sounds like a real adventure but we assume you left a few other things to do when you get back for the second round.

adrienne said...

EW! Fish eating the dead skin off your feet?! Yeah...I think that would freak me out too!