On Friday we went to a cafe type restaurant where you can cook your own meat at the table. These types of restaurants are pretty common in Japan. They had some types of sushi that were a block of rice and just a piece of raw fish laid over top ( I know it has a different name then sushi, but I can't remember it... I think it sashimi...sp?). Anyway I chickened out and didn't try any, but Clark tried a salmon and a shrimp one. YUCK is all I have to say! I'm okay with never ever trying raw fish. The ginger noodles were my favorite. Raw ginger however was not my favorite, it basically tasted like I was eating some sort of chemical!
Here we are at the Cafe showing how tiny their cups are! Japan does not have a size Large in anything, and that is why none of the people are a size Large! Plus they ride bikes everywhere, it is awesome.
After lunch Clark & I along with the whole family went to Showa Park! It was a really cool park similar to a Central Park in NY. It was close to their house and you could rent bikes and ride all over the park! This was one of my favorite days, it was so pretty and we got some good exercise.
Okay so they had these funny "marshmallow" jumping things. Or at least that is what we called them. They are crazy, you would never see these in America. Basically kids everywhere jumping on giant white bouncy hills. It was like they had air underneath them but not like a trampoline if that makes sense. If you jumped on the very top, you could get really high!
Here is Clark getting some serious air on the "marshmallow" These Japanese girls were loving it! They would scream and get all excited when he would go really high.
They had these giant dragons made out of stone that you could climb all over.
After the marshmallows and the dragons we went to this crazy slide. It was a "roller slide" which is what we called it. As you would go down the tubes would roll and push you along. It kinda hurt and if I tried to bend my legs it hurt my bum even worse! That is why I'm making that face, it hurt (You can see Jaydon had a hurt bum too!)
The cute Pierson Family! We are so glad they let us come for a visit, we had so much fun with them! I wish we could go back again.
This is the sweet bike we rode around on! It was my first time on a tandem bike, and it was so much fun. We want to get one for ourselves and ride it around Logan! I think I liked it because Clark did most of the work, it was an easy ride for me. His little niece Kamryn took a turn on the tandem because she was tired, so I rode a regular bike for awhile and I almost died! I was out of shape, and I'm realizing I'm not the best bike rider... I'm a little shaky and wobbly! This is why I need a bicycle built for two.
*None of the pictures will go bigger when you click on them, so sorry if they are hard to see. I don't know why some do it, and others don't. I didn't want to have to re-upload the pictures in a larger size, I just always do medium. If anyone knows how to make them get bigger when you click on the picture, let me know!

1 comment:
That "marshmallow" thing looks crazy! I love that Clark got all the Japanese girls excited and screaming!
Post a Comment