4.14.2009

An Ode to Arizona

Arizona is home to some of the finest folks over 65
They excel in many things like walking their dogs, playing card games and bingo, sitting outside and gossiping, complaining, golfing, going to lunch, swimming, more complaining, giving you their left over food, making weekly newsletters, and complaining again.  There is nothing they cannot do...except kill spiders, work their air conditioner, work their TV remote, find their keys, work their car alarms, swim in a slightly cool swimming pool, sit in a slighty too hot hot tub, work their sink and bathtub drains, work their toilets, change a light bulb, open their mailbox, keep their freezer freezing, and pick up their dog poop.
Thank you Arizona for getting too hot every summer so we may be graced with their presence from May until August!
And Thank you Logan for staying at the perfect temperature for these sun birds

I have one month to prepare myself for another eventfull summer here at Cambridge Court, home to some of the funniest and most annoying old people I've ever met!

6 comments:

YPR said...

Very funny stuff, especially since it's all true. As long as there are spiders and car alarms, you guys will have a job.

Anonymous said...

That was the funniest thing I have ever read. Nice job Lou!!! oh and good luck with the crazy, complaining, Arizona sunbirds. HA HA.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on maintaining your cool in spite of what is thrown at you. And remember, the day will come when you, too, may be staying at a Summer retreat somewhere so be sure you remember what to not do!

Mindy said...

Love the ode. I'm sure it will be another summer with many stories to tell.

adrienne said...

I don't know what you are talking about...I alone would be excited for their newsletters about the daily bingo game and their leftovers!

falslev family said...

That was hilarious! Lets hope the "olds" don't get wind of the Pierson blog... they might be a little offended!