1.20.2010

Blue Sky

Yep, there was blue skies yesterday here in the usually smog filled valley of cache. The morning brought snow and by the afternoon the sun was brightly shining, it was a perfect day. Too bad I was in class or at work from 9am-8pm so I didn't get to enjoy it. If you don't like the snow, you at least have to appreciate that it clears out the dirty nasty air. Here is what we do when we want to escape the red air days..... SKI!

Family Fun Ski Day (last Saturday)
L to R: Tom, Shelly, Katie, Laura, Dad, Adrienne, Sam, Alex, McKinley

Notice those bright blue skies. Even thought the snow was starting to turn a brown color, it was worth it to see the sun again. I heard Beaver Mtn. got 7 new inches and more snow to come on Friday. Saturday will be Family Fun Ski Day part 3!

The freezing cold temperatures have been good for something... Ice Skating!
Clark was super excited to go ice skating and I was just excited I didn't fall and make a fool of myself. My aunt Shelley is the ice skating expert and can skate backwards like a pro. I struggled to go forward, now I remember why I don't really enjoy ice skating. But Clark has been wanting to go all winter, the things you do for your husband!

3 comments:

brooke said...

where did you guys go ice skating? i've always wanted to go to an outdoor one.
you make the cutest skier!

LauraP said...

Brooke we went ice skating up here in Logan at Merlin Olsen park down on the island off of center streeet. It was actually really warm yesterday that they have it closed until it gets cold enough again!

adrienne said...

I'm sad I missed out on ice skating but the Family Fun Ski Day was great! Can't wait for Saturday!