I was able to go with my mom to visit my sister Melissa and her cute little family in California last week. They just moved from Dana Point to Santa Barbara so it was fun to see the place they call home. I don't have a ton of pictures since Melissa has some on her camera still, but here are a few that I took the first couple of days we were there.
Here is Merrick enjoying the little book I made for him. He is most likely pointing to a picture of himself and saying "Dad". He calls everyone in his family "Dad" and everything else is a "Guck"
Being Goofy
We took a 45 minute drive through the mountains to a cute town called Solvang. It looks like a little Danish town with cute shops, windmills, and other things you might find in Denmark.
Merrick and Nana enjoying the fountain
Merrick would not hold still long enough to get a picture with his favorite Aunt.
Merrick taking a break in a wooden clog shoe.
Another great thing about this little town is they have Aebleskiver's! They are delicious little pancake type balls and you put jam and powdered sugar on them and they are delicious. It is actually an Emmett family tradition to have Aebleskiver's on Christmas morning at my Grandparents house. Our family loves those little things (you can tell that I had already devoured one before the picture and I was well on my way to the second and third) Yum!

We also ate some In & Out, went shopping, rode a bike/buggy down by the pier, and went to the beach! When I get pictures of those things I will blog them (hint, hint Melissa).




4 comments:
I just emailed you my pictures! You'd be surprised to know the weather got worse after you guys left! I finally see a little sun this afternoon. Cute post!
So fun! I want to hear you pronounce the name of those pastries because I sure don't know how...When are you coming to AZ?
For a SECOND I thought Merrick had lost weight but no...I can see that he still has his big cheeks!
Looks like a great trip, thanks for posting the photos!
Post a Comment