6.15.2011

I haven't blogged in a long time but I've been waiting until I had something fun to write about, or at least some pictures to share.  We have been keeping very busy with work.  I decided it's not a good idea to go full time during the summer.  There are always so many fun things going on, and having to work 40 hours a week makes it hard to do those things.  I am excited to say that we are going to Lake Powell next Thursday and then the end of July we are going to Idaho to celebrate Clark's sister's birthday, and then over Labor Day I'm going to Santa Barbara to visit my sister Melissa, Adam, Merrick and baby girl Marquis.  I'm very excited to see Mr. Merrick and fatten up baby Elle.   

This past weekend we had some fun.  I went to breakfast with my friends Sharli and Jennifer.  We went to Kneaders and I had delicious french toast.  That place is delicious.  Then that afternoon we celebrated my Grandpa Allred's birthday at a BBQ at my uncle Taylor and aunt Sherrie's home.  It was a lot of fun to be with my extended family!  Thanks Grandpa for having a birthday so we could celebrate.  We had yummy burgers and delicious grilled veggies.  I wish I had pictures to share (Curt you will need to send out the pics you took).  I just love that it is BBQ and Lake Powell weather.  Some of my extended family will be coming to Lake Powell with us next week.  I'm so excited, they are fun people!  

This weekend we are going to be in Kaysville again for Art & Music in the Park.  My mother in law Carolyn worked for years to have a park made in Kaysville where the old Clover Club factory used to be.  The park is finished and they are having a fun art & music festival this Saturday from 10-6.  Clark will have a booth there to sell all of his magnet boards, shelves and other items he has made.  He has worked SO MANY hours building all of these items and spraying them fun colors.  I hope he can sell some and make some money for his new company CP Designs (website coming soon).  He has also been working many hours building a bed for his friend and his wife.  It looks great so far and is made out of Cherry which is one of my favorite woods.  I must say my husband is very talented.  So if you are in Kaysville this Saturday stop by and say hi to Clark.  I will be helping my mother in law over in the "kid" area helping them design their own quilt patterns.  So if you have kids send them my way, and you can go open your wallet to CP Designs!  

A few pics of Clark's projects. 

Giant magnet board Clark made for Kaysville City.  They will be using it at the art festival this Saturday.  Kids will have different shaped magnets and they can move them all around to make quilt-like patterns.  I think it sounds like fun! 


Magnet board--I love the green color.  Each magnet board will come with a free magnet!

This is the magnet board Clark made me for my office at work

Shelf for my office

More magnet boards.  This one is made to look more rustic and made from cedar.  

Magnet board with a little shelf.  He also made a few white boards too.  


If you are in the Emmett family you will notice the lovely wall paper from the "yellow bedroom" and the Readers Digest books.  Classic.  

5 comments:

curt said...

Hi Laura, it was great to see you at the bday shindig. Barb and I were so glad you could make it! I posted my photos at:
https://picasaweb.google.com/sherpacurt/DadsBirthdayJune2011?authkey=Gv1sRgCLrtvOiVyor9iQE#slideshow
email me if you want originals.

Have fun in Lake Powell, and good luck to Clark on magnet board sales. They look great!

Janna said...

I'm so sad I didn't get to go to breakfast with you guys! I hope you had so much fun. Miss you!

adrienne said...

I'm with you on working 40+ hours during the summer when all I want to do is be outside.
Cute magnet boards in your office. Maybe I should get Clark to make some for my office. It's pretty boring in here.

jenn + michael said...

I'm so glad I got to see you! And I love Clark's stuff!

A and M said...

I love that you have an office...very jealous!
I was thinking the wall paper looked cute with the cedar magnet board and then realized it was grandma's house!

I need a Clark Pierson living close to me!