I am excited to have a boy. It seems like most girls want a girl and most guys want a boy but we were opposite. I just really wanted a boy first and Clark thought it would be fun to have a girl. But Clark is very happy it's a boy and he can't wait to teach him to ski and build stuff in the garage! And I would have been just as happy with a sweet little girl. I want one of each, so next baby needs to be a girl.
After our ultrasound appointment we went to Old Navy because I just really wanted to buy an outfit. Clark picked out a cute one piece that is black and white knit (of course he chose black) and I found a cute red and black checked onesie. Clark said he would look like "Henry the lumberjack" in that shirt, and I thought looking like a lumberjack would be just fine so we bought them both!
It is so fun to know what the gender is and it makes it feel even more real that we are having a baby in 4 1/2 more months. I'm finally starting to feel him move and it is so fun. Clark and I went to Warren Miller Ski Movie last night and baby was moving all around. I told Clark the baby already loves skiing with how much I could feel him! I'm going black Friday shopping and I will need to have some self control so I don't go crazy buying clothes and other baby stuff. I need to wait for showers so other people can buy me stuff right?! Clark is making the baby a crib and maybe a cradle so I won't need to buy that. I was looking at crib bedding and I really don't like anything from the stores so I've been looking on Etsy for homemade/custom made bedding. They have some cute stuff. If anyone out there makes crib bedding or has an Etsy shop let me know and I will buy something from you.
Pictures
Giving us the thumbs up. I love this because as a child Clark was a thumb sucker and even still he will bite on his thumb or put it towards his mouth when he is concentrating, so it looks like baby likes his thumb.
So this is the babies little foot off to the left. If you look closely his second toe is bigger than his big toe. The ultra-sound guy asked if either of us have feet like this and I do! my second toe is taller than my big toe. Baby has my toes. It is genetic apparently. My mom has toes like that too.




7 comments:
Your baby is already cute like mom. I seriously love that our babies are days apart! I can't wait to see his lumber jack outfit.
Congrats Laura, you'll be such a great Mommy! I still can't believe you're old enough to have a baby. I swear you are still 17 working at Copper Rivet.
Steph Andrizzi Willis
I agree with Stephanie...you are still 17. But, I am pretty excited to have another little nephew!
I agree with Stephanie that you are still 17! But I am super excited to have another little nephew!
Wow! From the pictures it looks like you and Clark are going to have a 'golden' child! Congratulations!
That's awesome! If you end up do figuring out how to have a girl, let us know!
Congrats!!! That's so exciting!
Post a Comment