This was Henry on November 10th. The actual day he was 7 months.
The sticker didn't stand a chance...
And we are done with the 7 month sticker. Next month I'll have to put the sticker on his shirt and then put his shirt on. Then he won't even notice.
Big boy on his chair. After I took these I realized everything was blue!
Mom is so funny!
I love this one! His head looks huge because he is leaning forward.
I also love this one. I think his little feet look so cute and his little pudgy hand.
Loves his soccer ball (Thanks Jenn!)
Rolling all over the floor
Henry Bird
His hair was out of control this day. He loves sitting up in the shopping cart like a big kid. Just ignore that I forgot to put socks on his feet.
Henry had a quick play date with Adelaide while she was visiting from Arizona. He loved playing with her cool toy. Thanks Jenn and Laila for the fun!
She couldn't keep her hands off of him! She knows a handsome boy when she sees one. Henry was intimidated by the cute girl :)
- Sits up like a champ and will start to lean forward like he wants to crawl or move forward but he isn't sure how.
- Still loves to eat solids. He tried beans for the first time. He does not like them unless I mix them with something. Last night I hid them in some sweet potatoes and I don't think he noticed. I just purchased some carrots and asparagus to make into baby food for him to try. We will see how it goes! He has technically tried other things like spinach, beets, and blueberries but they were all mixed in with other things he had tried like bananas or sweet potato. They are those fun little food pouches (I don't know what to call them. The brand I have is Happy Baby organic. Basically food on the go. They are awesome for church).
- He is in between sizes of diapers which is kind of annoying. Size 2 are almost too small, but size 3 are too big. I ran out of size 2 the other day and I had a bunch of size 3 from a diaper cake and shower gifts so I've just been using them. They work fine, but sometimes he leaks because I think they are too big. I went to the store to buy him some size 2 and they were out of Luvs size 2. I don't like Huggies or Pampers, plus they are more expensive. So I just keep using the size 3 (which are Huggies. Maybe it's just me, but Henry leaks more with those).
- He rolls onto his belly in the bath tub. At first it was cute and funny because he will kick his legs like he is trying to swim. Now he will not stay on his back. We have to hold him down. He can be on his tummy, but I worry he is going to put his head down and swallow a bunch of water. Which I guess would teach him to stop rolling over. He is also really slippery in the bath tub so it's hard to keep him in one spot.
- He rolls all around when we try to change his diaper. I have to distract him by singing silly songs, giving him the lotion bottle to play with, or any random thing that is near me at the time. He just wants to grab everything and put it in his mouth! I call him my little goat!
- He started having a snack of cheerios or those little puffs. He loves them. When he sees the container the puffs come in he gets really excited. Sometimes he does really good with getting them to his mouth. He has the pincer grasp down, but sometimes the cheerio or puff gets stuck to his hand and he isn't quite sure what to do. They are great for keeping him happy during church. Can you tell we need lots of ways to keep him entertained during church! He won't nap in our arms so he is awake ALL 3 HOURS! Unless we can take him for a drive during Sunday School to get him to fall asleep. But once you take him to class and people start talking, he is awake again. He stays happy, but I can tell he is just so tired.
- I think he "clapped" his hands the other day. I was singing this song about clapping your hands and after I would clap, he would move his hands together like he was trying to do it. He didn't actually clap, but he was getting the idea of it.
- He still babbles and screams/squeals all the time. Doesn't sound like anything yet although I keep trying to teach him to say "mama" or "dada" or "ball". Those seem like easy first words. So far he just looks at me like I'm crazy!
We love our little Henry (aka Henners or Henry Bird). My sister came up with Henry Bird because his hair makes him look like a little birdie. The NICU nurses called him a Spring Chicken when he was born and the other day in the grocery store some random lady made a comment about his hair and called him a baby chick. Everyone loves the fuzz.









4 comments:
I love the picture of Henry in the shopping cart! I guess I can't get enough of his fuzzy head.
Did you paint and cover that blue chair Henry is sitting on? It's super cute!
Ahhh...Henry Bird. I love the picture of him leaning forward with the huge lollipop head!
Awww!!! Love him and so does Laila obviously! When he's on the Olympic soccer team I will totally brag about giving him his first soccer ball! ;)
Henry is such a handsome kid! Him and Hazel will definitely have to get married..mainly because their names fit perfectly together:). Ted just applied for a job in Twin falls...I only let him apply because I knew that you were living there;)
Post a Comment