skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Crossroads

I am at that annoying stage in life when you are almost done with school, looking for a more legite job but also trying to find an internship. It is hard because every possible outcome depends on something else, which depends on something else, etc. For example: I am needing to do a practicum/internship for my degree and I need to finish it this summer and into the fall. I need somewhere that I can work 15-20 hours a week. However if I am going to be gone somewhere for that amount of time we won't be able to continue to do the apartments. Which means the practicum I'm looking for NEEDS to be PAID! Clark is also going to be working everyday and will therefore be gone as well. Summer's are busy at the Apartments with the Old Folks who are very needy and then students who are interested in signing up for fall. So here is my dilemma.... There is a job opening at the Child and Family Support Center that is 30 hours a week so it would be perfect as far as pay goes. However I can't use all those hours for my practicum. Since we are a non-profit agency there are rules about people doing internships. However my boss said I could probably do 15 hours paid and the rest as my practicum hours which would be unpaid. So that was great news except that there is a mandatory training in San Antonio Texas next week! The week before finals! There is no way I can leave and miss that much school, besides I have papers due and a math take home final to pick up. So I'm back to square one. Then yesterday I saw a job posting for a femal youth counselor who would work with troubled teens. I think that sound so fun for some reason! To be able to be a role model and a positive influence on struggling teens sounds awesome. So I'm going to take my resume in today and apply for the job. However I need to find out if I can count that as my practicum. This dumb practicum is cramping my style! If they allow me to get paid and count it as a practicum that would be awesome. But who knows if I will get the job. Also if I do get a job (cross your fingers) then we will have to quit the apartments and it is busy season the first 3 weeks of May. If I do start a new job, it may be during that time. So we would have to hire new managers and try to train them all while getting the apartments ready for the Old's. Okay now I just talked to the girl at work who is hiring for the position and she said that they do have another training in June that I could possibly do since I can't do the one next week.... Ahh I feel like I have options, but I don't know which ones are going to work out.
Oh man this is a long post about nothing... I just needed to get it out!
3 comments:
good luck figuring out the puzzle! what a headache! i know you'll find somethings great.
what apartments do you manage? we've always been looking for something like that. not sure if we could do it now, though. what's it like?
Our best advice - go with the flow and hope that everything will work out. It sounds like you really have a busy May ahead of you but good luck - you should find a way to make it all work out.Our best advice - go with the flow and hope that everything will work out. It sounds like you really have a busy May ahead of you but good luck - you should find a way to make it all work out.
Crossroads are stressful. It sounds like an exciting time for you still though. I can't wait to hear how things work out.
Post a Comment